The Nas Documentary "Time is Illmatic"

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally for the first time on network TV, Nas‘ critically acclaimed documentary Time Is Illmatic will show on Friday December 18 at 11pm EST. Time Is Illmatic is a feature length documentary film that reaches deep into the making of Nas’ 1994 debut album, Illmatic. It covers the sociopolitical conditions that went into making the album. The doc came twenty years after the release of Illmaticand has helped shaped Hip-Hop in a major way. Check out the trailer below and make sure to tune in Friday night.

VH1 To Play Nas' 'Time Is Illmatic' This Friday - TheRapfest

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this on Netflix last night, fire. What Nas and a lot of the 90's guys had when they approached the mic or hit the stage, etc... was that rawness, I don't even know if that's the right word but they had that raw electricity...that feeling, that uncut hip hop energy. Slightly dangerous, aggressive, ill af, raw shyt. You don't get that today from a Drake or a J Cole or Kid Cudi or Future or whoever else, no disrespect to any of them...shyt was just wild wild different. There was a scene in there when Nas hit the stage and started doing the 1st verse of "NYSOM", that shyt felt/looked/sounded so ill man. Smh, hip hop is over bro, lol.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just watched this on Netflix last night, fire. What Nas and a lot of the 90's guys had when they approached the mic or hit the stage, etc... was that rawness, I don't even know if that's the right word but they had that raw electricity...that feeling, that uncut hip hop energy. Slightly dangerous, aggressive, ill af, raw shyt. You don't get that today from a Drake or a J Cole or Kid Cudi or Future or whoever else, no disrespect to any of them...shyt was just wild wild different. There was a scene in there when Nas hit the stage and started doing the 1st verse of "NYSOM", that shyt felt/looked/sounded so ill man. Smh, hip hop is over bro, lol.
I saw this in theaters that Dolby surround sound :ahh: