The Nationals are not a good baseball team.

Daps
Ignore the records, they are playing a bunch of terrible teams right now. When you are getting shut out by Jeremy Hellickson and falling apart like they are in the 7th inning currently, you're not ready.

Daps
Between them, the Dodgers, and the Blue Jays we have three perpetually overhyped yet mentally weak teams.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I think their lineup is trash for the most part outside of Harper. Eventually he's gonna get the Bonds treatment and Ryan Zimmerman is no Jeff Kent. They need like three or more bats to be a legit contender.

Tigers will give you Upton and Pelfrey for Scherzer back @mastermind :ld:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think their lineup is trash for the most part outside of Harper. Eventually he's gonna get the Bonds treatment and Ryan Zimmerman is no Jeff Kent. They need like three or more bats to be a legit contender.

Tigers will give you Upton and Pelfrey for Scherzer back @mastermind :ld:
No, but I am scared of Scherzer. He ain't been good for a while now.

And the Nationals need Rendon to be better. If he can get out of his slump, then the lineup looks better.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
No, but I am scared of Scherzer. He ain't been good for a while now.

And the Nationals need Rendon to be better. If he can get out of his slump, then the lineup looks better.

Only five more years on that deal after this season. :lolbron:

The Nats had four guys hitting under .200 in the lineup tonight not including the pitcher. That's a lot of holes and Rendon/Zimmerman are around .230. :ld:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Only five more years on that deal after this season. :lolbron:

The Nats had four guys hitting under .200 in the lineup tonight not including the pitcher. That's a lot of holes and Rendon/Zimmerman are around .230. :ld:
yeah, its a terrible look right now.

We usually get better as the weather warms up, but we bet big on the wrong guys.

Saying that Scherzer's contract is trade-able. 16 million a year isnt terrible.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
yeah, its a terrible look right now.

We usually get better as the weather warms up, but we bet big on the wrong guys.

Saying that Scherzer's contract is trade-able. 16 million a year isnt terrible.
Would the trading team get stuck with the $15 million/year for seven years after his contract is up or is that the Nats no matter what?