The NBA set a new record for attendance this year

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Kobe retires and attendance goes up :mjlol:

:troll:

That's why the Lakers led in road attendance during Kobes last year and every single arena (including your favorite teams) was chanting for that man and cheering that man on

Stop it

Lebron ain't getting that love in LA when he retire, bet that

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ratings are more important than attendance. with that said I would guess the minimal spike in attendance is due to small market teams (Bucks, Cavs, Jazz, etc) becoming competitive..thats just my guess though

Blade

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't even watch TV anymore....Many folks (particularly younger folks) don't watch that shyt anymore.....NBA will never do these astronomical numbers on TV ya'll dream about due to the circumstances of the "times"...You'll notice the NBA YT channel has double the amount of subscribers the NFL YT channel does.....Why?....Because the NBA deals with a much younger demographic than the other sports leagues...So they get hit hardest where the younger crowd tends to show up the least...The TV medium....While they get the most hits where that demographic shows up the most....The internet. It's much bigger than an NBA problem....Television is practically dying among the younger crowd.

Most folks I know don't watch games on TV.... they all stream it ... illegally :lolbron:

Randoug

Superstar
Daps
TV ratings is an archaic measurement of modern media popularity ...People don't watch TV over the air anymore...Most people below 30 get their media consumption squarely off the internet ..Nielson gonna have to adjust like how music biz started counting streams

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
TV ratings is an archaic measurement of modern media popularity ...People don't watch TV over the air anymore...Most people below 30 get their media consumption squarely off the internet ..Nielson gonna have to adjust like how music biz started counting streams

I don't even watch TV anymore....Many folks (particularly younger folks) don't watch that shyt anymore.....NBA will never do these astronomical numbers on TV ya'll dream about due to the circumstances of the "times"...You'll notice the NBA YT channel has double the amount of subscribers the NFL YT channel does.....Why?....Because the NBA deals with a much younger demographic than the other sports leagues...So they get hit hardest where the younger crowd tends to show up the least...The TV medium....While they get the most hits where that demographic shows up the most....The internet. It's much bigger than an NBA problem....Television is practically dying among the younger crowd.

The NBA regular season still will have low rating no matter how you account for it.

The NBA regular season doesnt get casual fans eyeballs only a niche hardcore NBA audience cares about the most meaningless regular season in sports