The Official 2017 NBA Draft Talk Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm predicting the top 3 ends up being Boston at 1, Orlando at 2 and LA at 3 :ehh:

As much as I would love to see the Lakers lose their pick, I'll believe it when I see it

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm predicting the top 3 ends up being Boston at 1, Orlando at 2 and LA at 3 :ehh:

As much as I would love to see the Lakers lose their pick, I'll believe it when I see it

I doubt the NBA allows that to happen and I bet you they end up allowing Orlando to get a top 2 pick as a consolation prize.....Because if the Lakers lose this years pick to the 76ers they will also lose their 2019 to Orlando....Where as no matter what the 76ers will get the Lakers 2018 pick.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I doubt the NBA allows that to happen and I bet you they end up allowing Orlando to get a top 2 pick as a consolation prize.....Because if the Lakers lose this years pick to the 76ers they will also lose their 2019 to Orlando....Where as no matter what the 76ers will get the Lakers 2018 pick.

Who in the NBA do you believe controls this, how do they control it, and how many people know about it?

There are too many rich, cocky personalities with power there that I have trouble believing shyt wouldn't get exposed if it were too overt. Someone like a Donald Sterling or a Mark Cuban gets too pissed off about how they feel they are being screwed over, and they could just let shyt fly about what they know, then start their own "legitimate" league out of the ashes. And if the owners don't know, then what's the point? Things like shuttling certain players to certain teams are just too high-risk, low-benefit for the NBA to care. New York has sucked for the longest and the NBA still makes money, the Lakers will always have pull for free agents no matter who they draft...the league has much greater concerns about it's product to worry about than manipulating which teenagers (who may as well end up as busts) end up where.

Not that this strikes me as an "impossible" conspiracy theory. Just unlikely. I'd believe ref biases to influence certain games long before I'd believe draft influences, because the payoff is more immediate and certain and hardly anyone has to know.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Who in the NBA do you believe controls this, how do they control it, and how many people know about it?

There are too many rich, cocky personalities with power there that I have trouble believing shyt wouldn't get exposed if it were too overt. Someone like a Donald Sterling or a Mark Cuban gets too pissed off about how they feel they are being screwed over, and they could just let shyt fly about what they know, then start their own "legitimate" league out of the ashes. And if the owners don't know, then what's the point? Things like shuttling certain players to certain teams are just too high-risk, low-benefit for the NBA to care. New York has sucked for the longest and the NBA still makes money, the Lakers will always have pull for free agents no matter who they draft...the league has much greater concerns about it's product to worry about than manipulating which teenagers (who may as well end up as busts) end up where.

Not that this strikes me as an "impossible" conspiracy theory. Just unlikely. I'd believe ref biases to influence certain games long before I'd believe draft influences, because the payoff is more immediate and certain and hardly anyone has to know.

The only draft lottery you could argue was rigged was the first one when Stern pulled the Knicks envelope for the pick that would be Ewing