Official Indianapolis Colts Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I Why extend Brissett, then dump him so quickly? Is Brissett the answer? No. But had we rolled with him for 2020 and maybe even 2021 we'd be in a better position now. There was no point paying Rivers, he is not good enough to elevate this team. Ballard was too scary to overpay for Stafford, so he overpays for Wentz instead? Eagles had no leverage and no one else seriously wanted Wentz. Why do they have our first?
Man, it’s kinda hilarious just how bad these playoffs and final two weeks of regular season were for Ballard.

Preaches about the importance of trench play - OL & DL get manhandled by the worst team in the league. Bengals with a damn great franchise QB, but no O-line make it to the AFC Championship Game.

It seems like Reich did his best to mask Carson’s inefficiencies, but Wentz is who he is at this point of his career.

I also don’t understand what limping into the playoffs under Wentz accomplishes. Likely would’ve suffered the same fate as Tennessee did. Similarly to Tannehill, Carson just cannot step up in the big games.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I think Indy is probably stuck with Wentz now. No 1st rounder messes up their ability to get a new QB via the draft or trade. None of the FA QBs are worth it. Plus Reich is too close to Wentz. Maybe they bring in a FA or use a late pick for some fake competition.
They probably convince themselves Wentz wasn't so bad, Indy was so close, etc. Then add some WRs/TEs to help him.

Next year, there's a good chance they can at least make the playoffs since 7 teams get in. But we probably get an early exit.

Maybe something crazy happens, like Irsay forcing a change, Eberflus gets hired and our D gets better, but I expect more of the same next year.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Man, it’s kinda hilarious just how bad these playoffs and final two weeks of regular season were for Ballard.

Preaches about the importance of trench play - OL & DL get manhandled by the worst team in the league. Bengals with a damn great franchise QB, but no O-line make it to the AFC Championship Game.

It seems like Reich did his best to mask Carson’s inefficiencies, but Wentz is who he is at this point of his career.

I also don’t understand what limping into the playoffs under Wentz accomplishes. Likely would’ve suffered the same fate as Tennessee did. Similarly to Tannehill, Carson just cannot step up in the big games.

They are trying their hardest to turn the Colts into a treadmill team like the Pacers. There isn't a point in making the playoffs unless you are serious about winning.

The Titans did it all, took in Tannehill like a rescue dog, surrounded him with great weapons, got the number 1 seed...and they are still going into this offseason without a lot of uncertainty about the future. No point in Indy doing the same with Wentz.

I was listening to an analyst who was talking about how Bengals got clowned for skipping Sewell for a WR. Now they a whole group of young, dangerous weapons. They have to be really careful to protect Burrows health, but they are very happy with their choice.

"If the Cincinnati Bengals don't draft an offensive tackle, they should be disbanded and revoked from the NFL," Tannenbaum said earlier this week on ESPN. "Last year Joe Burrow threw the ball 450 times. Unacceptable. They cannot go out on the field this year unless they draft offensive tackle Penei Sewell with the fifth pick. I don't care if it's the U.S. Olympic Track Team out there. Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, if they trade for him—I don't care.
Former NFL GM: If Bengals Don't Draft Penei Sewell 'They Should Be Disbanded'

Like, look how silly this mindset looks now!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Gus Bradley is a weird hire for a team who has had zero success when it comes to drafting elite, edge talent…..the talent that’s required for the bend and don’t break defense that Ballard seems to adore.

His and Reich’s funeral when this doesn’t work out, not mine. :manny:

Last edited:

Selena

Pro
Daps
Just heard the wonderful news so I'm officially back!
tP6GV6.gif

Missed my Colts fam. Hope you're doing great on this Wonderful Wednesday.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

Colts really gonna go down in history for how they handled Luck. Pagano and Grigson were beyond trash. Ballard has put together some incredible teams. If he had Luck, he'd have a ring. Why couldn't Luck love football:mjcry:

Last edited: