Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Bivol is getting stopped.

Bivol is a good fighter, but he doesn’t have an extra gear to really beat a dude like AB. He’s also not this prime Sweet Pea/Mayweather/Willie Pep defensive genius that people are making him out to be.

He is also not a master counter puncher or something. He’s defensively sound, but he’s more so a “your turn then my turn” kinda fighter. That doesn’t mean he can’t hit you with a counter. He certainly can, but he’s not primarily a counter puncher or a master one. If you watch the fight with Canelo or even his last fight, he wasn’t really countering them like that. Canelo had plenty of opportunities when he came forward against Bivol. For whatever reason, his punches didn’t really affect Bivol and he decided to punch Bivol in the arm repeatedly.

Bivol’s good at stymieing people’s offense with his jab and by measuring distance. He’s not going to slip or duck a punch or punch with you and flip your tv off on some Crawford shyt. I think to beat AB you have to have the threat that you could really hurt him (which is why Yarde had some success)—because he’s going to hurt you. I don’t care how tough you are. It’s mofos on record saying fighting Beterbiev is like being in a car crash.

So, being that Bivol doesn’t have that sixth gear and his defense/counter punching ability is being overrated, I don’t see how he avoids taking serious punishment over 12. With that being said, the way he can win is he one of these iron will kinda fighters. If has that fighting spirit that you only find out about yourself in a real fight where you’re taking hella punishment, he doesn’t crumble, and he’s returning fire, he will have a chance. I’m beating he doesn’t have that, though. Because most men don’t—let alone fighters. It’s a very rare quality to possess. Whereas most men’s fighting spirit wanes as they take more and more punishment.

See this is the thing. I'm not trying to discount Beterbiev. I'm actually a fan of him
And I would be a fool to discount the does have the strength/power advantage. I literally criticized Devin Haney for the past 6 months because I highlighted that he lacks strength on the inside which would be his undoing, whether or not he has the superior boxing skills, and it showed up against the Ryan Garcia fight... There is a difference of Bivol vs Haney (to me)

And for the bolded, I never said that he's an elite counter puncher or on the defensive level of Sweet Pea or Floyd. But what he is for sure "defensively responsible". I know that doesn't give that wow factor. But one thing he's a master of is distance. Great anticipation of his opponent's movements where if he does get hit its at the end of the punch where the effect is minimized. Bivol is perfectly fine with making the fight ugly and dull where his opponent can never catch a rhythm. And he does have enough pop where people don't immediately come crashing in. Beterbiev for sure has all the tools to KO him. But I'm not sure Beterbiev has that temperament to fight an awkward fight. He did it with Oleksandr Gvozdyk, so I'll give him credit there. But I still think Bivol beats him

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Great discussion Ring brothas on the AB/Bivol fight. I wanna ask you guys that are leaning towards Bivol, do you think he has the power to keep AB off him for 12 rounds? I’m saying no because Marcus Browne, The Nail, Callum Smith, Joe Smith, & Yarde couldn’t & they all punch harder than Bivol. They all got grinded down with AB for the most part using his underrated jab & boxing skills to setup his power. I don’t think Bivol has anything in his arsenal AB hasn’t seen or dealt with. And if Bivol gets trapped on the ropes like he has in his other fights (specifically Canelo) he’s gonna be in for a long night

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
See this is the thing. I'm not trying to discount Beterbiev. I'm actually a fan of him
And I would be a fool to discount the does have the strength/power advantage. I literally criticized Devin Haney for the past 6 months because I highlighted that he lacks strength on the inside which would be his undoing, whether or not he has the superior boxing skills, and it showed up against the Ryan Garcia fight... There is a difference of Bivol vs Haney (to me)

And for the bolded, I never said that he's an elite counter puncher or on the defensive level of Sweet Pea or Floyd. But what he is for sure "defensively responsible". I know that doesn't give that wow factor. But one thing he's a master of is distance. Great anticipation of his opponent's movements where if he does get hit its at the end of the punch where the effect is minimized. Bivol is perfectly fine with making the fight ugly and dull where his opponent can never catch a rhythm. And he does have enough pop where people don't immediately come crashing in. Beterbiev for sure has all the tools to KO him. But I'm not sure Beterbiev has that temperament to fight an awkward fight. He did it with Oleksandr Gvozdyk, so I'll give him credit there. But I still think Bivol beats him

What I’m saying most people I’ve seen saying Bivol is going to win either mention defense, counterpunching, or both. People expecting him to be able to use Beterbiev’s aggression against him on some counterpuncher shyt, and Bivol isn’t that guy. I don’t think he’ll be able to make AB gushy by countering him at all. Especially if those counters don’t have a cruise missle attached to them.

The one way I can see him winning if he has an Ali kind of fighting spirit where he’s legit ready to die to win, but you don’t know that about a fighter until that moment. I don’t even think fighters know that about themselves until that moment.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Great discussion Ring brothas on the AB/Bivol fight. I wanna ask you guys that are leaning towards Bivol, do you think he has the power to keep AB off him for 12 rounds? I’m saying no because Marcus Browne, The Nail, Callum Smith, Joe Smith, & Yarde couldn’t & they all punch harder than Bivol. They all got grinded down with AB for the most part using his underrated jab & boxing skills to setup his power. I don’t think Bivol has anything in his arsenal AB hasn’t seen or dealt with. And if Bivol gets trapped on the ropes like he has in his other fights (specifically Canelo) he’s gonna be in for a long night

He doesn’t. He’s getting stopped.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He doesn’t. He’s getting stopped.
thats how i feel

Bivol is blessed with good footwork and stamina...he can move for 12 rounds and control his pace with no issue...the problem is he will need to give beterbiev something to think about...beterbiev has walked through nikkas that can punch and beat them into submission..joe smith fought both of them...smith got his head boxed off outside of one round where he turned bivol into a zombie at the end of a round and nearly KO'ed him...those same shots joe threw at beterbiev who absorbed and put him away in 2 rounds..bivol might have to fight a little stinky in order to win rounds and not get tore up by beterbiev's punches...that and hope father time/mr glass action deteriorates him

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
What I’m saying most people I’ve seen saying Bivol is going to win either mention defense, counterpunching, or both. People expecting him to be able to use Beterbiev’s aggression against him on some counterpuncher shyt, and Bivol isn’t that guy. I don’t think he’ll be able to make AB gushy by countering him at all. Especially if those counters don’t have a cruise missle attached to them.

The one way I can see him winning if he has an Ali kind of fighting spirit where he’s legit ready to die to win, but you don’t know that about a fighter until that moment. I don’t even think fighters know that about themselves until that moment.

Gvozdyk got him gun-shy the majority of their fight. Had Beterbiev not willing to just crash in, because Gvozdyk made it awkward and mucky by keeping him guessing keeping the jab in his face and not being predictable, so it can be done. I just think Bivol is the man to do it for a full 12 rounds

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Gvozdyk got him gun-shy the majority of their fight. Had Beterbiev not willing to just crash in, because Gvozdyk made it awkward and mucky by keeping him guessing keeping the jab in his face and not being predictable, so it can be done. I just think Bivol is the man to do it for a full 12 rounds
see im a little biased because i was there..sitting behind the broadcasters....gvozdyk did well over the distance of the fight BUT beterbiev was hitting him with some shyt since round 1..thats why gvozdyk crumpled so bad late in the fight...thats what bivol has to avoid

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
see im a little biased because i was there..sitting behind the broadcasters....gvozdyk did well over the distance of the fight BUT beterbiev was hitting him with some shyt since round 1..thats why gvozdyk crumpled so bad late in the fight...thats what bivol has to avoid

Gvozdyk was hitting Beterbiev with some shyt too, especially in the 6th round, had him stumbling a bit. And there was alot of moments in the fight where there were lulls and no action because Beterbiev was a little hesitant to crash in. Wouldn't be shocked in Beterbiev won, but Bivol has the tools to get it done

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

i just hope devin recovers enough from being hit by that drugged up roid monkey...sandor will high key test his punch resistance

Purse bid on June 18th? Damn that's quick
Looks like WBC is trying to order the fight to be for this year. Not sure with the type of beating Haney got that he should be fighting so soon