Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'd disagree no BP fans read the comic for storm. And no Storm didn't gain it any new fans.
That's not it. I'm talking about as far as black heroes. She's a icon and really didn't mean anything until a Fantastic Four animated appearance where he outsmarted them. These days people kind of see him as a Marvel version of Batman except he's a king.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
That's not it. I'm talking about as far as black heroes. She's a icon and really didn't mean anything until a Fantastic Four animated appearance where he outsmarted them. These days people kind of see him as a Marvel version of Batman except he's a king.
The Black Panther comic was featured in Do The Right thing before she was ever considered there. So again I disagree.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if you meant to but you just sold me on this book.
Me too. I had been meaning to check it out anyway but I'll definitely see if i can grab the back issues next time I go to the comic shop.

Colin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing are good writers even though all their Big Two books are either minis or get canceled fast AF :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I'm a Black Panther fan. We don't fukk with Storm on this side anymore :camby:
Ultimate BP is pretty good. The main book ended.
Uhh, breh....I think you are about to drop Ultimate Black Panther in 1-3 issues if Storm is that much of a make or break deal with a comic book :pachaha: issue #2 literally foretold they are gonna end up together :dead:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I don't understand what you mean by popularity. With whom? Fans? Black Panther was selling at a time when X-Men was trash.
Black panther has never ever outsold the x men. In any decade. The only reason Marvel became a powerhouse is because of Spider Man and the X Men. And Storm's popularity as a African hero definitely stood out more than any character of color in any company.