The Official Dallas Cowboys 2023 Season Thread

Should Dak remain starter in 2024 if he doesnt win at least 2 playoff games?

• Total voters
Daps
People got confused by the "All In" statement...assuming Jerry meant winning big in 2024.

This is obviously a soft rebuild on the fly and they are All In for retooling. Dak is good enough to keep you competitive most weeks but not good enough to win big with a flawed roster. Mahomes AND ONLY Mahomes can do that and he had a Top 5 defense and the best HC in football. The Boys front office wants to be good enough to be "in the hunt" in December but not so good they're picking in the 20s/30s again. Tank without tanking.

You dump older players that cost too much $$$. Then, you draft OL/DL to rebuild the trenches. CeeDee/Micah, Jerry will resign them (probably) but there's no hurry because ultimately they know there's no shot at winning the SB or even coming close this year.

The Cowboys want: a team that can win on both sides of the line with a cheap/young QB, physical run game etc. 2016 all over again. They can't build it in one off-season but it's a start.

Once you get past Patrick Mahomes, no other QB is worth the $$$$ getting paid out today.

(Pure speculation pulled out my azz coming up next).....In fact Pat is the only starting QB born in the 90s with a ring AFAIK. Burrow, Allen, Jackson, Stroud, Hurts, Lawrence, Dak, Cousins, Purdy.....none of those guys are taking Kelce + brick handed speedsters, beating the Niners and winning a ring. Cowboys MIGHT be the first organization to figure out that unless you have a Brady/Mahomes type QB with straight ice-water in their veins AND an elite HC (Belichick/Reid), the QB money isn't worth it unless you're doing something like the Rams did and going all-in for a small window shot at a ring.

The high cost of QBs and a lack of ultimate success with this generation outside of PattyMo means that GMs may start aiming to build complete rosters and then swapping QBs. Draft in Rd 1 and hold their rights for 5 seasons.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Where have we seen this before lol

dikembe-mutombo-annoyed.gif

I can see right now this goofy mfer gonna be a problem