The Official DC/Maryland/Virginia Area Thread

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Hows the art scene in DC? Im fenna start slangin Panels out there

I haven't really been paying too much attention TBH. There's always that dude on 14th slanging pieces (I think his name is Dot)...but it's like Basquait plus a "dot". It's prolly bigger than I realize. You could prolly move something at the Dupont Farmer's Market/Eastern Market - if you come up with the $$ for a booth...

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I don’t know why I read this as “church’s” like church’s chicken…used to be on Minnesota Ave I believe…I’m tripping this morning lol
Lol. I forgot all about that Church's Chicken on Minnesota Ave.

I was talking about that church near Dunbar. I believe it was on 3rd Street NW.

Last edited:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
This is hard to argue. However those East African women didn't deal with brothers, unless you were in the right place at the right time.
Oh they deal with brehs especially if you can speak the language.. I seen that shyt with my own eyes.. one of my folks bagged a fine ass dmv chic from Eritrea.. mans speak Afar and Arabic… Dude ain’t even from there which is the funny part of it all lmaoo. He in the Air Force

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is hard to argue. Those East African women didn't deal with brothers, unless you were in the right place at the right time.

Oh they deal with brehs especially if you can speak the language.. I seen that shyt with my own eyes.. one of my folks bagged a fine ass dmv chic from Eritrea.. mans speak Afar and Arabic… Dude ain’t even from there which is the funny part of it all lmaoo. He in the Air Force

American brehs be with the EA baddies all the time. It’s a new day, especially Eritreans but Ethiopians too. lol we got free Amharic classes at my job if yall nikkaz really trying to eat. And the teacher is a Black American from Southeast so zero excuses. :ufdup:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
American brehs be with the EA baddies all the time. It’s a new day, especially Eritreans but Ethiopians too. lol we got free Amharic classes at my job if yall nikkaz really trying to eat. And the teacher is a Black American from Southeast so zero excuses. :ufdup:
Say no more they doing zoom or in person? DMV ain’t nothing but a 3 hr drive :mjlol:

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I wasn't really referring to today, I was referring to that time when they didn't, like when I was still up there, although I bagged a few being in the right place at the right time myself.

This started back in the mid 80's, when they first started coming here in large numbers. The brothers got a bad rep because they would bag one, then bag her friends.

I remember the last one I had, a few years before I came down to the ATL, thought she was a goddess. Today, although they're still a prize, they're not as big a prize as they once were it seems.

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Like I said, I wasn't talking about today. I was talking about around the time they first started coming here in large numbers.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I wasn't really referring to today, I was referring to that time when they didn't, like when I was still up there, although I bagged a few being in the right place at the right time myself.

This started back in the mid 80's, when they first started coming here in large numbers. The brothers got a bad rep because they would bag one, then bag her friends.

I remember the last one I had, a few years before I came down to the ATL, thought she was a goddess. Today, although they're still a prize, they're not as big a prize as they once were it seems.
They Americanize now lol…