The Official HL Astronomy thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I’m actually kinda surprised there isn’t a thread dedicated to the study of the world outside our world. I learned under a NASA astronomer when I was a kid so I always had the space geek bug in me. More importantly tho, space exploration helped to advance us very rapidly. If the military budget was the NASA budget we’d prolly be well on our way to being a multi planet species.

Anyone else into the space shyt? What are your thoughts on space exploration? I’ll post some interesting videos starting with terraforming projects for Mars and Venus:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
it appears that terraforming a planet would take hundreds or thousands of years to do... in the short term, wouldn't it make sense to build more space stations and experiment with that instead.....? space stations could hover earth, the moon, mars, venus, or any other planet/moon/asteroid in the solar system.... we might have to master that first, then terraform a planet later....

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
it appears that terraforming a planet would take hundreds or thousands of years to do... in the short term, wouldn't it make sense to build more space stations and experiment with that instead.....? space stations could hover earth, the moon, mars, venus, or any other planet/moon/asteroid in the solar system.... we might have to master that first, then terraform a planet later....

I think it would be a natural progression once the stage of establishment that you’re describing has been completed. For the sake of ethics, you’d want to study Mars and Venus in their current forms in order for us to learn more about planet formation and how/what happened to those planets.

After that tho....:manny:.....seems like a natural progression of human behavior. A terraformed Mars and Venus would prepare us for the eventual moment that we’re finally able to visit other worlds.