Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Final couple episodes were :banderas:

Damn this show was the reverse of the other marvel Netflix shows :deadmanny:

Instead of starting out strong and finishing weak this started out weak and finished strong.

Still. The first half of the season was not good and it's the same basic problem.

If this show was 8 episodes this could have been :ahh: instead it's stretched out and all the weaker for it.

I'm pretty torn on this because when it was good it was good but for long stretches its just bad.

The jigsaw transformation :lupe:

Damn what castle did to cia guy and Russo was :huhldup: Shut was visceral as fukk

fukk ,I ended up enjoying those last 6 episodes a lot.

6.5/10

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
8 episodes in so far and im loving this show. Best of the marvel shows ive seen (haven't seen Luke Cage or Defenders yet). And the non action moments dont feel forced.

Its so different from how Garth Ennis defined Frank in the comics. Firstly Frank isnt even really the Punisher in the show. He's just revenging the a$$holes who killed his family.

Netflix Frank is younger and far more "millennial" in his character traits/hobbies (even tho he resents being called a hipster). He's more social (granted comics Frank would not make for good TV as he rarely says more than 4 words at a time)

With Netflix Frank, The death of his family still haunts him and is the primary motivating factor in him becoming a vigilante. Ennis made it so that Frank becoming the Punisher was a gradual slide.

I honestly thought these glaring differences would turn me off from the series. But im appreciating the show as a very modern and relevant depiction of the Punisher rather than criticizing it for not being 100% comic accurate.

Episode 8 in particular to me has been great. I felt for Micro seeing his son suffer and not being able to comfort him. And LOL at all of Madani's partners getting killed.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I want to see in the second season a more Garth Ennis accurate comics punisher, those stories made you realize how much the world could really use a punisher, with all the real life villains out there who need Jason Voorhees style punishing