The Official Minimalists Thread

tater

Superstar
Daps
I said it before and I’ll say it again; if you haven’t used it in a year, sell or donate it.

A friend of mine is pretty big on this and I'm trying to do it too. She gave me a tip for getting rid of items. Put a bunch of stuff in a box and tape it shut. If you don't go in the box to get anything in a certain amount of time, donate the box. I'm in the process of starting to move, so I'm about to purge all this junk I have.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I love this, most people waste money buying stuff they don't need & never use

I was a suspect in doing such things, especially when I used to work at Best Buy. After a while, those items became my main focus instead of my family and sanity. Don't get it me wrong, we all love stuff but if it isn't essential to your livelihood...don't buy it. Especially in this inflation time where we could be on the verge of another recession.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama

nothing-stops-the-train-bryan-cranston.gif

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Bringing back this thread for the minimalists and folks that want to be converted. On that note, lets talk Dumb Phones:

I just ordered one of these:

I mean, you have a computer for majority of the shyt on the smartphone. Once I sold my Iphone and just breathe, I realized that I was never a smartphone person to begin with. It was all hype and in-crowd shyt. Plus, everything is on my MacBook. I would rather go outside and just embrace the outdoors of old times, than staring at a fukking screen throughout the day and missing life all around you.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I just cleaned out most of my area but I now realize I'm not done

It'll take some time, but after a while you will feel the true freedom as I am feeling. Like I told folks during my most downest of bad times, the only thing you need in life is a laptop and a plan. Everything else is a added bonus.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Wrote about my journey with Minimalism on my blog, for folks to get a good idea of how such a thing feels.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Bringing back this thread for the minimalists and folks that want to be converted. On that note, lets talk Dumb Phones:

I just ordered one of these:

I mean, you have a computer for majority of the shyt on the smartphone. Once I sold my Iphone and just breathe, I realized that I was never a smartphone person to begin with. It was all hype and in-crowd shyt. Plus, everything is on my MacBook. I would rather go outside and just embrace the outdoors of old times, than staring at a fukking screen throughout the day and missing life all around you.

@Matt504 dumb phones for ya

I went minimalist with my wardrobe and it's really great. Slowly throwing things away in the house that we don't need

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
@Matt504 dumb phones for ya

I went minimalist with my wardrobe and it's really great. Slowly throwing things away in the house that we don't need

Yeah my clothing is consists of what I will wear and not is going to take up space. I look at it like if you are not going to wear it, someone else will:ehh:.

Now when it comes down to "dumb phones"

The Lightphone 2 is so good if you want the same smart app capabilities without the clutter of wanting more. Its to the point with what is needed for a daily commune from Podcasts to texting.

That's one thing I noticed since I been without a smartphone...my attention span began to go back to normal without the distractions of what is in front of the smart phone screen.

Phones should be used for just that with some boredom killers. There was a time where phones were separated by who you are. If you wanted a phone for business, there was a Blackberry. Social stuff, a Sidekick. Computer stuff, Lumia.

Variety for every soul which is not the case nowadays where its all the same size, the same overkill amount of features, and not enough focus on the major thing at hand and that is a simple phone.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah my clothing is consists of what I will wear and not is going to take up space. I look at it like if you are not going to wear it, someone else will:ehh:.

Now when it comes down to "dumb phones"

The Lightphone 2 is so good if you want the same smart app capabilities without the clutter of wanting more. Its to the point with what is needed for a daily commune from Podcasts to texting.

That's one thing I noticed since I been without a smartphone...my attention span began to go back to normal without the distractions of what is in front of the smart phone screen.

Phones should be used for just that with some boredom killers. There was a time where phones were separated by who you are. If you wanted a phone for business, there was a Blackberry. Social stuff, a Sidekick. Computer stuff, Lumia.

Variety for every soul which is not the case nowadays where its all the same size, the same overkill amount of features, and not enough focus on the major thing at hand and that is a simple phone.
I dont get the no smartphone thing
just don't download apps
or use the focus modes