Did some EQ-ing/Leveling after all.

Last edited:

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
It's not clipping cause i have a Limiter on the Master.
Yes, i'm using sends.

How much are you limiting cause your low end is breaking up and your drums sound over compressed .. it sounds squashed.

The reason those 80s records get away with that much reverb is because they gate it...on snares etc...

So time your reverb so that it doesn't blur mask the next transient ....that way you can have it way up in the mix and still keep some clarity....

Put a EQ before it on a send and play with that ...or even a compressor and sidechain duck it if you want a long reverb...that way it won't mask the sample.. but the ambience will swell up in-between ...without masking.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

Re-did the reverb cause i wanted the tail to be more present.

it just seems like you're focusing on making everything loud as fukk. forget that shyt for now. cuz it sounds like a big mess to be honest.

balance your elements, give them space. get your instruments working together instead of fighting each other. prioritize. then worry about the overall loudness.

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps

Alright, i'm gonna keep working on this joint till it sounds right. Any feedback is welcome!

Last edited:

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
So masking occurs on the time domain and doesn't have to be frequency based :ohhh:

It's obvious but I always thought of it as a frequency specific thing that you use EQ to deal with.

Backward and forward temporal masking ...

Another thing to consider when using compression...