The show premieres November 20th

4/15/15 Update:

David Tennant As The Purple Man:
10723793_1596435623948472_930807584_n.jpg

2/19/15 Update:

12/22/14 Update:

12/5/14 Update:
Krysten Ritter Cast as Marvel's Jessica Jones

UPDATE: Marvel makes the casting official, along with revealing a new/old title for the series.

4 DEC 2014 BY MATT FOWLER

Update: Marvel has officially announced that Krysten Ritter will star in their Netflix Jessica Jones series - and that the show is now titled Marvel's A.K.A.Jessica Jones, a slight variation on the title the show was originally going by years ago, when it was initially developed for ABC.

"Krysten brings both the hard edge and the vulnerability the role demands," said Executive Producer/Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg, in the announcement. "We can't wait for fans to see her in action, coming to Netflix in 2015."

Jessica.jpg

Krysten Ritter will play Jessica Jones.

"Krysten Ritter has the type of range, spanning the comic to the tragic, that makes for the stuff of the best Marvel heroes," said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer/Marvel's Head of Television. "As Jessica Jones, Krysten will bring one of the most beloved new characters of the past decade to life in a way we know will delight her longtime fans and introduce her to many more."

Marvel's official description for the series reads, "Ritter will play Jessica Jones, first introduced in writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Michael Gaydos' classic Alias comic series. After a tragic ending to her short-lived Super Hero stint, Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City."

The press release also confirms that A.K.A. Jessica Jones, like Daredevil, will debut in 2015 on Netflix. Daredevil will launch sometime in May, so presumably Jessica Jones will debut later in the year.

Original story follows....

It appears that Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) has nabbed the lead role in Marvel's Jessica Jones series - which is set to air on Netflix after Marvel's Daredevil.

Marvel hasn't made an official announcement, but a source has told Deadline that Ritter, who was one of the four actresses up for the role, got the part after finally beating out Warm Bodies' Teresa Palmer.

Deadline is also stating that The Following‘s Mike Colter is almost a lock for Luke Cage, who will have his own Marvel/Netflix show after he's introduced as a supporting character on the Jessica Jones series.

Marvel's Jessica Jones, based on Brian Michael Bendis's mature comic series Alias, focuses on a superhero suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency.

Jessica Jones is being written and produced by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter, Twilight).

Krysten Ritter Cast as Marvel's Jessica Jones - IGN

Original Post:

"
Who May Play Luke Cage & Jessica Jones?

Casting is heating up on Marvel's next two Netflix series: Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Here are the 4 actresses and 2 actors reportedly in the mix.

19 NOV 2014 BY JIM VEJVODA

UPDATE: Make that five actresses up for the role of Jessica Jones.

Deadline has updated their earlier report cited below with word that Tony-nominated actress Marin Ireland (Homeland) has also been asked to screen-test for the role now that WE tv has canceled her series The Divide.

The original report follows ...

Casting is heating up on Marvel's next two Netflix series: Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Deadline reports that four actresses are vying for the title role in Jessica Jones: Krysten Ritter (Veronica Mars, Breaking Bad), Alexandra Daddario (True Detective, the Percy Jackson movies), Teresa Palmer (Warm Bodies, I Am Number Four) and Jessica De Gouw (Dracula, Arrow's The Huntress).

AR108b-0244b.c-1-610x405.jpg

Jessica De Gouw as Huntress on Arrow.

Halo: Nightfall star Mike Colter and actor Lance Gross (Crisis, House of Payne) are being eyed to play Luke Cage, who Deadline claims "is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series."

This wouldn't be Teresa Palmer's first time up at bat for a comic book project. Years ago she was cast as Talia Al Ghul in director George Miller's aborted Justice League of America movie.

Marvel's first Netflix series, Daredevil, debuts in 2015.

4 Actresses, 2 Actors Up for Jessica Jones and Luke Cage - IGN
"

"
Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ Series: Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer & Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead

by Nellie Andreeva November 19, 2014 12:00pm

UPDATE: I hear another actress has been added to the list of those testing for the lead in Marvel/Netflix’s Jessica Jones series, The Divide star Marin Ireland, who just became available after the WEtv drama was cancelled. I’ve also updated the list of candidates for the part of Luke Cage with a third name, Cleo Anthony.

ireland-copy.jpg

PREVIOUSLY:
jessica-jones.jpg

krystenritter__140221023012.png
daddario__130115014428.png

I hear Marvel is assembling a field of actresses invited to test for the lead of the company’s straight-to-series Jessica Jones drama for Netflix. I hear it includes Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer and Jessica De Gouw. All fall within the age range of 25-33 listed on the breakdowns for the role.

Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama — the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal — centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

palmer.png
degouw.png

lancegross.png
colter__140131153008.png

I also heard two names mentioned as being in consideration for the male lead Luke Cage: Crisis‘ Lance Gross and The Good Wife and The Following‘s Mike Colter. Cage is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series, the fourth in the Netflix-Marvel package that includes Daredevil, starring Charlie Cox, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The characters from the four shows band together for a miniseries to close out the storylines.

1589617-luke_cage___jessica_jones_super.jpg

Ritter comes from a similar comedy background as Chris Pratt, the star of the latest Marvel hit superhero franchise, Guardians Of The Galaxy. While she recently did several comedy pilots and series, including ABC’s Don’t Trust The B—, Rytter also had a role on the dark AMC drama Breaking Bad.

Daddario, Palmer and De Gouw all have genre credentials. Daddario is known for her roles as Annabeth in the Percy Jackson movie franchise and the lead in Texas Chainsaw 3D. (She also recurred on White Collar, Parenthood and True Detective.) Australian Palmer didThe Grudge 2, I Am Number Four, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Warm Bodies, while fellow Aussie De Gouw starred on NBC’s Dracula and plays The Huntress on the CW’s Arrow.

406px-jessicajones.jpg

Marvel's 'Jessica Jones': Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, Marin Ireland, Jessica De Gouw Testing For Lead
"

:takedat:Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer, & Jessica De Gouw. All 4 of them got me :noah:.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Kids gonna be hella surprised when they watch this thinking it's going to be some fun superheroing stuff and instead get a bunch of interracial anal sex.
I just googled ‘Jessica Jones anal’, wow Marvel fukkin’ went there! They better recreate this for the series!

I want the girl from True Detective followed by homegirl from Breaking Bad as Jessica Jones.:takedat:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I don't think I could handle Jane from Breaking Bad in this. I still get :mjcry: at Walt letting her choke, then :damn:about the confession in the desert. Marvel - Do Not Trust the bytch in apartment 23, brehs :birdman:

Daddario was straight :steviej:in True Detective though.

Edit: Waiting to see who answers that Misty Knight casting call :shaq:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They are going a bit younger with the casting than I thought they would.

Of the candidates I think Palmer and Colter would be the best picks.