The Official Nexus 5 Thread [Update: OUT NOW!!!!]

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Tell me about how a different manufacturer makes the nexus phone every year bro!! You android guys are so informed

:what: little to no difference...being that nexus is a developer phone. Google does not give the manufacturer 100% creative freedom creating nexus devices. The only real difference between a samsung nexus and lg nexus is samsung has their super amoled screens. Now go play with your iphone basic ass nikka, grown ups are talking.

ridge

Daps
:what: little to no difference...being that nexus is a developer phone. Google does not give the manufacturer 100% creative freedom creating nexus devices. The only real difference between a samsung nexus and lg nexus is samsung has their super amoled screens. Now go play with your iphone basic ass nikka, grown ups are talking.
Your android phone makes you feel like an intelligent grown up? Wow what a loser :wow:

ridge

Daps
Yet you're in a nexus thread parading a iphone that 99% of nikkas in here could give a rats ass about... exactly who is the loser here breh? :usure: you want some attention little nikka?
I made a comment on a public forum in a public thread

Who quoted who first my g?

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Today we’re seeing a few different reports, but they are all just rumors from “tipsters” so we’ll be taking them with a grain of salt. A few different sources are claiming October 14th will be the official release date for the LG Nexus 5, and it will come with Android 4.4 KitKat. Which also means the rest of the Nexus family will likely receive the same chocolaty treat that day and throughout the week.

Ausdroid claims to have a good source on this 14th date, but they’re also taking this as a soft rumor as well, so make of it as you will. Their tipster says the 14th is the day, and even shared a few thoughts on Android 4.4 and what changes we’ll see. They confirmed the LG Nexus 5, as well as changes for Android. Things like a new color to replace the cyan blue text and accents, which I hope they leave alone, support for a wide array of older devices, and many will even be able to update to KK. Tons of new animations, APIs, gallery visualizations and tweaks, and a new notification widget. That last one sounds really interesting.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-13-at-9.49.26-AM.png

Again, we’ll be taking all of this with a grain of salt, and we’ve actually heard a different date and will share more details on that soon enough. Their tipster had nothing to say about a new Nexus 10, but that’s reportedly in the works as well. Late October is when the Nexus 4 was released, and we’re thinking Google will try to stick to an October release this time around as well. Source

:banderas:

Hopefully this rumor is true :noah:

Edit: The Nexus 4 was released on November 13, 2012 :ohhh:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
:banderas:

http://phandroid.com/2013/09/16/nex...-a-quick-glimpse-at-android-4-4-kitkat-video/

Nexus-5-edited-Phan-640x291.jpg

Seems the Nexus 5 is one hard smartphone to keep secret. Despite Google’s “best efforts” to keep their next flagship on the low-low, the Nexus 5 made a surprise appearance in their own KitKat unveiling video (where word go out and it was promptly taken down), even popping up in a few FCC filings a few weeks ago. Now, we’re getting another glimpse at the Nexus 5, pictured in the wild at, where else, a local bar.

It’s a joke that sounds a lot like one we’ve heard before. This time, instead of an iPhone, we have a Google employee who left his Nexus 5 unattended at a bar to charge up. A bartender with a keen eye recognized this device as otherworldly, and quickly snapped pictures and video of the device before the owner returned. In the video, you’ll noticed Android 4.4 KitKat’s rumored white status icons in the notification area, doing away with the cyan blue introduced in Ice Cream Sandwich (thank, goodness).

The bartender even attempts to unlock the device making several failed attempts before rebooting and taking footage of the boot animation. Spoiler: it’s the same boot animation as on the Google Play edition devices. Other than that, it doesn’t appear KitKat is vastly changed in UI appearance from the Jelly Bean, but we’ll need to see more to be sure.

What do you guys think of the Nexus 5 so far? The bezels definitely aren’t LG G2 thin, but definitely smaller than the current Nexus 4′s and a welcome change for sure. Excuse me while I take an ice cold shower.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
How do you like the n4 or n5 compared to s4 iphone
Iphones are trash to me. S4 is better imo because it has the sd card slot & more screen being that it doesn't have onscreen buttons. The only thing thats better w/ the Nexus is that its a Nexus device, so it gets the newest google first. I havent looked into it, but I think now since google came out w/ the S4 google edition they probably have a direct port where as before I'd have to go w/ CM10 nightlies.N4's screen was too small for me & I cant do anything w/ 16gb internal. Plus the back glass was easy as hell to break, so easy pass. Hopefully the N5 come w/ at least 32 gb internal.