The OFFICIAL "SHAZAM" movie thread - 4/5/19 release

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
oh i'm sorry, i misinterpreted what you were saying; i thought you mean that black adam was like garbage and people don't know who he is as compared to other movie foes.

Black Adam is the guy getting punched in the gif above. SHAZAM (aka Billy Batson) is a child who gets his powers from a wizard, and black Adam (aka Teth Adam) is from ancient Khandaq (DC Comics Egypt type place) and is the son of Ramses II. He gets his powers from a wizard as well, specifically the stamina of Shu, the swiftness of Heru, the strength of Amon, the wisdom of Zehuti (Thoth), the power of Aton, and the courage of Mehen [a set of egyptian gods].

He is essentially the physical match for Shazam, and thus, as or more powerful than Superman.

Watch this
Superman-Shazam.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman/Shazam!:_The_Return_of_Black_Adam
it was on netflix for a while
thanks breh

don't think i've seen that one actually

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I can't wait. This should crush the buildings.

Captain Marvel was a bigger character than superman until dc played dirty and put the publisher out of business. Done right this could be a big movie and could really open up the dcu.
word its a straight up injustice what they've done to him.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:smh: me looking at this thread and thinking was gonna be a remake of that sorry ass movie shaq made when he was a genie.

i didn't even know who shazam was until i entered this thread :dead:

I almost one starred this thread cuz of this smh :leostare: only didn't cuz now I know who this shazam fella is

KevJ

Overall Nice Guy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
btw;

some of you are likely like "why Shazam, why does he matter, and why does this movie matter"

here's why:

it should be a smash success

1. It stars a KID who is a grown god level superhero. You can market this to all ages and it will hit the mark.
2. His main foe is a physical equal in Black adam. The fight (assuming they go there) will be amazing.
3. The movie and the charactor are light hearted and kind spirited...this will be a CONTRAST to today's superhero movies oddly...
4. DC needs it to succeed. This is an IP that has been neglected for decades they've brought back to usage in only the late 90s.
5. The story makes for a great origin movie that MOST don't know...it isn't retread like ASM or MOS or Hulk.

This is the most excited i've been for a film announcement in a long time. Unless they hire michael bay or john woo or something stupid like that...or straight cancel it...i'm first day, preview, 3D viewing IMAX status.

It's going to be a difficult movie to pull off because Shazam can be really cheesy and the fact that he's a kid won't appeal to most older males.

But you only got one shot at this, so no doubt they'd have Black Adam involved and have an incredible fight to try to draw people in.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love Captain Marvel/Shazam. I doubt they will go with the traditional look/personality of Shazam for a movie. Too similar to Superman. We'll probably get that cocky hornball teenage version with the hoodie they have in the New 52.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with billy and black adam, but yall taking this 'better than superman' shyt a lil too far....they not seeing supe...although, I would highly enjoy a properly done 'kingdom come' film....the scene when billy shows up on the battlefield against supe would be amazing on screen.....

as for this news: great if it gets made...there's been talk about it for awhile, and the rock has been attached to it...he'd make a great black adam like others have said....dont know who they could get to be captain marvel though....