The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This dumbass nikka really added Metacritic lol nikkas STILL dont realize that shyt is an aggregator, they dont give reviews lol

Nah its IV (if you dont count the later shytty iterations and ports that almost fukked the games legacy up)

Question is, is it better than 3rd Strike and Vanilla IV?

You have to understand. Part of why a fighting game never wins big awards like that is that the casual can't get into them. And honestly, that matters. Damn near anyone can pick up Zelda or Fortnite and "have fun". The same is not so for most fighting games.

But this shyt here, nikka. Everything about it screams "fun". The control systems for new people are great. The single player mode is Street Fighter Shenmue and the online lobbies are fantastic. Not to mention the game goes OUT OF ITS WAY to teach you how to play the game, but how to get BETTER at the game. That's something that not even single player games do well anymore.

Thing about IV is that in a vacuum it's probably the best. It offered the most for single players and the online was well done. But this trumps that in terms of content and support. After being in all the beta tests, I can tell you that this game is special. Just go look at the subreddits of people saying "this is my first fighting game" or "the FGC scared me till this game" or "SF6 mad fighting games finally click for me."

I'm not saying its Metal Gear Solid, but on paper...yeah its better than 3rd strike and vanilla IV. But only time will tell if it has the same legacy as those two.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
You have to understand. Part of why a fighting game never wins big awards like that is that the casual can't get into them. And honestly, that matters. Damn near anyone can pick up Zelda or Fortnite and "have fun". The same is not so for most fighting games.

But this shyt here, nikka. Everything about it screams "fun". The control systems for new people are great. The single player mode is Street Fighter Shenmue and the online lobbies are fantastic. Not to mention the game goes OUT OF ITS WAY to teach you how to play the game, but how to get BETTER at the game. That's something that not even single player games do well anymore.

Thing about IV is that in a vacuum it's probably the best. It offered the most for single players and the online was well done. But this trumps that in terms of content and support. After being in all the beta tests, I can tell you that this game is special. Just go look at the subreddits of people saying "this is my first fighting game" or "the FGC scared me till this game" or "SF6 mad fighting games finally click for me."

I'm not saying its Metal Gear Solid, but on paper...yeah its better than 3rd strike and vanilla IV. But only time will tell if it has the same legacy as those two.

SF IV and 3rd Strike are INCREDIBLY fun games though (I couldn't care less about them being super technical and "skill" driven.) but I hear you. I preach the same shyt about MK as opposed to Tekken and SF and get panned nikkas is hoes picking and choosing.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Hillarious a sony stan out here talmbout watching movies. :mjlol:

I just never put in the time to get good online, would rather play other stuff. This goes for all multiplayer games for me :manny:
Yeah, word bond. Don't come come online. Best thing about this cross-play is that I'm finna beat the asses of all you xbot posers for thinking shyt is sweet.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

SF6 if all goes well could very well end up in the pantheon with SF2 and SF4. Those two ushered in new eras of fighting games in general. SF6 with the great single player content and accessibility could do the same. But like you said only time will tell.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
SF6 if all goes well could very well end up in the pantheon with SF2 and SF4. Those two ushered in new eras of fighting games in general. SF6 with the great single player content and accessibility could do the same. But like you said only time will tell.

The key is gonna be keeping shyt fresh for the casuals. They can't drop world tour and then never touch it again. The DLC characters are cool and all, but I'm thinking of the person who will buy this game 4 years from now because the energy is still there. Obviously, the pro scene will be what it is. But I'm interested to see if some new heads pop up. I was so happy to see iDom, Punk, Mena, JAK and others pop up in SFV and dethrone some of the old Japanese stalwards.

If casual people start tuning into EVO and other tournaments to get better at SF6 that only help. I think it would be dope if the CapcomFighters twitch could be on display IN game during EVO. And they could give out watch party gear for your custom fighter. Again, there's just so much more you can do in SF6 just from how it's built and positioned.

I'm almost more exited for SF6 NEXT YEAR than right now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It would be the special Olympics of fighting game matches tbh
giphy.gif

Let’s go!!!!!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
here i go. Buying another street fighter game just to play through the single player and get my ass whooped online :ehh:

tenor.gif

Same.

But I got a new hustle on this joint. Gonna beat up on my sons and their friends for practice :pachaha: