The Official Street Fighter 6 thread! We Open world fighting now?!

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Can't wait to see Ken's walk to the ring segment
Ken's vs pose gonna be looking like
smiling-cute-smile.gif

Daps
I was thinking about getting into the series. Should I start all the way at the first one or is there a more recent game I could pickup? And does this have a manga or an anime adaption?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I was thinking about getting into the series. Should I start all the way at the first one or is there a more recent game I could pickup? And does this have a manga or an anime adaption?

Bruh you got 35 years to catch up on. Start here if you want lore,

Gamewise just play SFV.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
Story-wise, there's a lot of straight-up non-canon garbage to filter out. You might as well go through the overall events on a Wiki or something like that.

The Canon order iirc is 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 5 -> 3 -> 6

SFV is the most recent game, the base game is constantly on sale for pennies and you can use in-game currency from doing certain tasks to unlock characters. With the base game content, you should be able to get at least one or 2 without having to actually drop money on them.

It's the most story-focused game out of the bunch in terms of content. Though all of it is... not great.

You have (extremely) short stories for each character, a (frankly terrible) cinematic story, and an arcade mode for each of the past games (with a ton of non-canon endings).

It may sound like I'm just bashing the franchise, but story wasn't exactly the focus of it until V, so they're still taking baby steps on it.

The gameplay is where Street Fighter really stands out, and it's just a blast to play.

When it comes to that... Any game is fine tbh. All of them have their own quirks that make each entry unique. SFV is the most recent and should be the easiest one to pick up and play.

Daps
Story-wise, there's a lot of straight-up non-canon garbage to filter out. You might as well go through the overall events on a Wiki or something like that.

The Canon order iirc is 1 -> 2 -> 4 -> 5 -> 3 -> 6

SFV is the most recent game, the base game is constantly on sale for pennies and you can use in-game currency from doing certain tasks to unlock characters. With the base game content, you should be able to get at least one or 2 without having to actually drop money on them.

It's the most story-focused game out of the bunch in terms of content. Though all of it is... not great.

You have (extremely) short stories for each character, a (frankly terrible) cinematic story, and an arcade mode for each of the past games (with a ton of non-canon endings).

It may sound like I'm just bashing the franchise, but story wasn't exactly the focus of it until V, so they're still taking baby steps on it.

The gameplay is where Street Fighter really stands out, and it's just a blast to play.

When it comes to that... Any game is fine tbh. All of them have their own quirks that make each entry unique. SFV is the most recent and should be the easiest one to pick up and play.
Thx. I'm actually fine with non-canon stuff as long as it's good. Sometimes I even like it better than the main content, like Bleach.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Thx. I'm actually fine with non-canon stuff as long as it's good. Sometimes I even like it better than the main content, like Bleach.
It ain't worth it breh, SF doesn't have a story worth looking into. SF is about gameplay

NRS has done a much better job with MK and injustice, those are the only fighting games with stories worth experiencing.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It ain't worth it breh, SF doesn't have a story worth looking into. SF is about gameplay

NRS has done a much better job with MK and injustice, those are the only fighting games with stories worth experiencing.
Are we absolutely certain about this?
fleece.png

The presentation is top notch but the stories themselves...:patrice:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Are we absolutely certain about this?
fleece.png

The presentation is top notch but the stories themselves...:patrice:
MK9 is the best story I've ever seen in a fighting game easily.

X was good until the end, but 11...:unimpressed:

Injustice 1 story was good to the point where DC made a movie and made their comics the injustice plot for a good 2/3 years. Injustice 2 was just ok tho.

All of them are still better than SF stories, and tekken has a good story but its buried behind a bunch of bullshyt, you have to read a wiki or youtube video to scrape it together into something compelling

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
MK story is great. It keeps it simple(the best stories do) while managing to have multiple characters at play

:russ: MK story is fukkin trash when you break down the narrative. Characters history and motivations are just fukkin disregarded. shyt they don’t even know who killed Kitana’s dad, Sindel, Dvorah, or Shao Kahn.

Dark Raiden wasted, revenants became irrelevant, Kronika trash. Netherrealm story modes are a visual feast but as a cohesive narrative they suck. The only decent one was IJ2.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
:russ: MK story is fukkin trash when you break down the narrative. Characters history and motivations are just fukkin disregarded. shyt they don’t even know who killed Kitana’s dad, Sindel, Dvorah, or Shao Kahn.

Dark Raiden wasted, revenants became irrelevant, Kronika trash. Netherrealm story modes are a visual feast but as a cohesive narrative they suck. The only decent one was IJ2.
MK should've left the lore alone. They wrote themselves into a corner with MKA then retconned damn near everybody and everything in MK 2011. shyt is a mess. It started with MK 2011. The writing has been inconsistent since that game. Everything before it was fine.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
MK's story is laughable. 11's finale managed to fukk up power scaling in a way that even DBZ didn't.

I'd say something about Injustice, if there was anything to remember about it. I guess IJ1 was good.

If you want actually legit FG story content, you better like anime. ArcSys is where it's at. (Except DBFZ. Never play that. Ever.)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
MK's story is laughable. 11's finale managed to fukk up power scaling in a way that even DBZ didn't.

I'd say something about Injustice, if there was anything to remember about it. I guess IJ1 was good.

If you want actually legit FG story content, you better like anime. ArcSys is where it's at. (Except DBFZ. Never play that. Ever.)
I acknowledged the failure of 11, the writing has fallen off since 9 for sure.

I disagree on arcsys, I hate how GG tells its story without gameplay, and its convoluted as shyt

The only game with a story they did recently that I liked was granblue

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ryu must be a shyt friend to let Ken get this way :mjlol: he like Goku neglecting his son to “get stronger”