The Official Survivor Season 42 Thread

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.

Twists/Changes

• Shortened Game: As was the case in Survivor 41, the game lasted for 26 days, 13 days shorter than the standard 39.[6]
  • Tribe Division: The 18 castaways were divided into 3 tribes of 6. No unifying theme was used in dividing the tribes.
  • Beware Advantages: Game advantages were hidden at camp in packages labeled "Beware Advantage", the contents of which may only be obtained if its finder opened it and fulfilled its demands. A steep consequence was given to the castaway if the demand was not met. The advantages that were disguised as a Beware Advantage were:
    • Hidden Immunity Idols: Each camp had one idol, that if found, its finder had to utter a certain code before an Immunity Challenge, and if members of the other tribes respond with their own code sentences, all three idols will have power. Until then, the idols remained powerless and their finders without a vote at Tribal Council. If the conditions were not met before the merge, all three idols will be rendered powerless, though their owners will be able to vote again.
  • Summit and Prisoner's Dilemma: Castaways from different tribes were taken to another island where they were given a choice between protecting or risking their vote on their next visit to Tribal Council. If all of them chose "protect", they kept their votes. If all of them chose "risk", none of them were able to vote at their next Tribal Council. If there was a split decision, those who chose "protect" get to keep their vote, but those who chose "risk" obtained a game advantage. The advantages available through this method were:
  • Advantage Amulet: Each player performed the second course of the first Reward Challenge had the choice of whether or not to take an Advantage Amulet for each of them. If all three amulets were used, they could collectively cast another vote. If the amulets were down to two, using them together could give them a Vote Steal. If only one active amulet remained, it could be used as a regular Hidden Immunity Idol. The amulets remained in play until there were 6 players left.
  • Shot in the Dark: By sacrificing one's vote at Tribal Council, a player in trouble may invoke this advantage for a chance to be immune from the vote. While the chance of a favorable outcome was slim, if successful, the play acted as if a Hidden Immunity Idol was played.
  • Penalties for Losing Immunity Challenges: The tribe that lost an Immunity Challenge was forced to surrender their flint to Jeff and could only win it back if they won the next Immunity Challenge.
latest

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chanelle, Drea (and Lindsay :whoa:) could get it any day of the week :leon: no rice or fire but they brought yams all the way to the island.

Maryann needs to tone that extra shyt down... bursting into tears at the snap of a finger, talking about she had a crush on that scrawny cac Zach :dead: please get her off the damn show

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Chanelle, Drea (and Lindsay :whoa:) could get it any day of the week :leon: no rice or fire but they brought yams all the way to the island.

Maryann needs to tone that extra shyt down... bursting into tears at the snap of a finger, talking about she had a crush on that scrawny cac Zach :dead: please get her off the damn show
I only seen the first hour of the premier but that sounds hilarious. lol

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I only seen the first hour of the premier but that sounds hilarious. lol
yea just got done with episode 2 myself.. they tried adding a couple new twists to the show which made it a bit more interesting.. seems like it doesn't get much love on the coli, but give it a look if you get a chance

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yea just got done with episode 2 myself.. they tried adding a couple new twists to the show which made it a bit more interesting.. seems like it doesn't get much love on the coli, but give it a look if you get a chance
I'm a huge Survivor fan. I have seen every season except maybe 2 or 3. I will definitely watch.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

When me and my wiz first see Mary Ann a Black face you are automatically rooting for her. But as soon as we got a dose of her talking and antics we were put off, she is way too extra. s
She like has 0 control of her emotions. It's cringe I feel like bad for her.

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When me and my wiz first see Mary Ann Black face you are automatically rooting for her. But as soon as we got a dose of her talking and antics we were put off, she is way too extra, she like has 0 control of her emotions. It's cringe I feel like bad for her.
lol yea it's bad... I had to hit mute a couple times in episode 2 cause she was going crazy with it. had her mouth wide open eyes bucked after each lil twist :krs:and you just know the producers were loving every second of filming her :mjlol: betting she's up next episode 3

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
lol yea it's bad... I had to hit mute a couple times in episode 2 cause she was going crazy with it. had her mouth wide open eyes bucked after each lil twist :krs:and you just know the producers were loving every second of filming her :mjlol: betting she's up next episode 3
When she first met Probst she couldn't look more goofy. lol

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Roxroy thinks he’s major Payne but he’s really blank man.

Maryann is terrible man. I’d lose my shyt if I had to listen to her just jabber away. I don’t like hearing people in the office next to me talking.

Last edited: