The Official Unsung On TVONE Thread

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
but they can make a full episode on Lloyd???? :gucci:

Lloyd aint unsung material either.
but at least he had hits on multiple albums, spanning thru multiple years.

soul 4 real had 2 hits and didn't make any noise outside of 1995.

but hey, the way theyre lowering the bar, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do an episode on S4R.

I thought they did Adina Howard already.

that was the show "life after".

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I will watch Lloyd when I get time. I know everyone wants the old school artists but if you have a story to tell I'm all for it. Lloyd is definitely unsung. When you think of the young male artists, It's Chris Brown, Trey and Ne yo. So it's easy for Lloyd to get lost in the shuffle. and you got the whole Murder INc fiasco. Lloyd's story should be good. Adina howard is also unsung. She was one of the first female singers to really help females become sexual with their music.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
I will watch Lloyd when I get time. I know everyone wants the old school artists but if you have a story to tell I'm all for it. Lloyd is definitely unsung. When you think of the young male artists, It's Chris Brown, Trey and Ne yo. So it's easy for Lloyd to get lost in the shuffle. and you got the whole Murder INc fiasco. Lloyd's story should be good. Adina howard is also unsung. She was one of the first female singers to really help females become sexual with their music.

Adina only had one hit breh, They already did a life after for her.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
theres no prestige to unsung anymore.

tv-one does a lot of questionable stuff.
why did they get rid of "life after"?

they need to bring that show back, because most of the artists they've been forcing struggle episodes out of the past few years, belong on the "life after" show instead.

it was the perfect compliment to Unsung. it allowed Unsung to keep its prestige, while we still got our fix on some of the other artists we wanted to see. and that way, the coli could get its soul 4 real episode. i'd watch a 30-minute special on them and people like Lloyd, trick daddy. etc but im not checking for a 60-minute special on them dudes.

only "life after" artists that deserved an Unsung were BBD & Ginuwine. I think they were just too new for unsung at the time, which was mostly doing 60s & 70s artists. kid n play had their own separate episodes of "life after" too, before they got an unsung as a group.

im still gonna watch the Adina howard unsung tho and record it for the archives.:shaq: same way I stashed monifah's ep, even tho neither one of them belonged on unsung.

t-shirt & my panties on.

and she had some collabs.

I agree tho. bring back "life after".

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lloyd ain't unsung. Saw him at his peak at a bet event and his performance was utter trash

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota

She also had T shirt and panties. But the impact she had is still felt. She helped females find that sexual side. Before women were covered up like Janet jackson or conscious like a Queen Latifah. Wearing baggy clothes like TLC and XSCAPE. After Adina, all of that stuff- GONE. Women became more open with their sexuality.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
theres no prestige to unsung anymore.

tv-one does a lot of questionable stuff.
why did they get rid of "life after"?

they need to bring that show back, because most of the artists they've been forcing struggle episodes out of the past few years, belong on the "life after" show instead.

it was the perfect compliment to Unsung. it allowed Unsung to keep its prestige, while we still got our fix on some of the other artists we wanted to see. and that way, the coli could get its soul 4 real episode. i'd watch a 30-minute special on them and people like Lloyd, trick daddy. etc but im not checking for a 60-minute special on them dudes.

only "life after" artists that deserved an Unsung were BBD & Ginuwine. I think they were just too new for unsung at the time, which was mostly doing 60s & 70s artists. kid n play had their own separate episodes of "life after" too, before they got an unsung as a group.

im still gonna watch the Adina howard unsung tho and record it for the archives.:shaq: same way I stashed monifah's ep, even tho neither one of them belonged on unsung.

t-shirt & my panties on.

and she had some collabs.

I agree tho. bring back "life after".

Yeah, I agree the prestige is gone. Maybe they cant get certain artists or groups who are unsung so they forcing episodes. Life After was a good series. It was good for artists like Adina who had a couple of hits and story.

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
She also had T shirt and panties. But the impact she had is still felt. She helped females find that sexual side. Before women were covered up like Janet jackson or conscious like a Queen Latifah. Wearing baggy clothes like TLC and XSCAPE. After Adina, all of that stuff- GONE. Women became more open with their sexuality.

This dont make her unsung. She came and went.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yeah, I agree the prestige is gone. Maybe they cant get certain artists or groups who are unsung so they forcing episodes. Life After was a good series. It was good for artists like Adina who had a couple of hits and story.

yea, unsung used to be an event at one point.

and yea, they need to just bring back "life after". they also need to bring back "celebrity crime files" and I never found out why they cancelled the tv-one news show. this used to be my favorite station by far.

they could use all of these shows, since I see they now have a secondary channel with CLEO TV.