The Offiial "Black Mass" Thread (Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger)

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Yall must not have seen Public Enemies, he has tried a gangster movie recently. I'm not sold yet...

GETTINIT23

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant wait for this, the trailer alone has me hyped. I know this story was kind of told in the departed but its going to be way different seeing the actual story told in the actual time frame. I walked past south boston high school when they were filming the boston bus riots scenes and it was surreal how real it looked, felt like i took a time maching back to the 70's

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
True true but the way trailer and the cast look?....I think Black Mass won't do wrong. Like I said in other thread I won't get my hope up but the trailer sold me :leon:
Yeah the trailer looks good. But I was REALLY hype for Public Enemies. A John Dillinger biopic featuring other gangsters like Pretty Boy Floyd and Machine Gun Kelly and somehow they fukked it up. I'll see it, but I'm keeping expectations low this time...

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cant wait for this, the trailer alone has me hyped. I know this story was kind of told in the departed but its going to be way different seeing the actual story told in the actual time frame. I walked past south boston high school when they were filming the boston bus riots scenes and it was surreal how real it looked, felt like i took a time maching back to the 70's

story wasnt told whatsoever in the departed though

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nicholson's character was inspired by Bulger but it wasn't his story. Kinda like how Nino Brown was inspired by Nicky Barnes but New Jack City wasn't an actual biopic

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope it's just about Whitey Bulger and not a cops and robbers story. I think I saw Benedict Cumberbatch as cop a though :beli:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope it's just about Whitey Bulger and not a cops and robbers story. I think I saw Benedict Cumberbatch as cop a though :beli:

Once I watched United State of America vs. Whitey Bulger documenty on Netflix, it's likey going to happen.

Bendedict Cumberatch will play Whitey's brother "Bill Bulger", who is a Democratic Party politician & lawyer.