The OG Spiderman movie should be on everyone's Marvel top 5

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
They brought fukkin Spiderman on the big screen, it was Marvel telling everyone... "ight we making real movies now" it was a dream come true for my young mind William Dafoe was a savage in that movie as well
Must've rewatched it 6 times back then

And who could forget Randy Bonesaw Savage with the GOAT cameo

Classic

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
i don't know if i would put it in my personal top 5 but it's arguably the most important superhero movie of the 21st century.

it's a shame marvel studios couldn't get their shyt together sooner and bridge those movies into the MCU.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah. It’s important but it’s not anywhere close to my top 5. Especially because part 2 is such a better flick. By leaps and bounds.

My main issue with that movie is tobey as Spider-Man and sams very stereotypical view of peter Parker. I can put aside the goblin costume because Dafoe is dope and the cast works but the Spider-Man interpretation plus the MJ interpretation plus making it a story all about a girl just never came together for me. Even as a 16 year old. I like it but I don’t love it

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah. It’s important but it’s not anywhere close to my top 5. Especially because part is such a better flick. By leaps and bounds.

My main issue with that movie is tobey as Spider-Man and sams very stereotypical view of peter Parker. I can put aside the goblin costume because Dafoe is dope and the cast works but the Spider-Man interpretation plus the MJ interpretation plus making it a story all about a girl just never came together for me. Even as a 16 year old. I like it but I don’t love it

Agreed. Dunst :scust:

Spidey 2 is top 5 Comic Book Joints.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Why was he crimefighting in one scene without his mask? That part always got me :mindblown: then puts it back on once he gets to kiss the woman of his dreams

momma

All Star
Daps
Well when people rank their Marvel movies they usually exclude non-MCU stuff because those are different tones/styles. If you're gonna include Rami's Spiderman and X-Men and Deadpool and whatnot you might as well put your list in the context of all superhero movies. In that context, you have TDK, Panther, Civil War, Winter Soldier, Spider-Man 2, Guardians 1, all of which are definitely better than the OG Spider-Man. But I guess you can make an argument for it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My top 5 looks like...

Spider-man
X2
The Dark Knight
Civil War

Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Batman, Batman Begins all interchangeable in that 5th spot.

For me.
Logan
The Dark Knight
Black Panther
Spider-man 2
X2

I do like spidey one a lot though.