the "positives" and negatives of attending a PWI

lowkey0z

Veteran
Daps

i damn sure didn't have to see any of this fukk shyt when i was in college :scust:

:huhldup:

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
funny thing. I just attended an African show last week, and unlike this shytty video here. Everyone was actually black and they put on a great show. The after party was lit too.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Why they have all that cultural sh!t in the first place is beyond me. It's not practical. To me the sole purpose that higher education should serve is to be able to procure employment, start your own business, etc.. All that other sh!t is the reason why kids meander for four years and rack up debt. Wasting time on gender theory, dashikis and bongos, privilege, and a host of other items which turn out to be crap in the long run when it's time to get a job.

lowkey0z

Veteran
Daps
lmao yall peep the drummers in the back? :lolbron:

kanye-west.jpg

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
Aren't most universities predominantly white? Ya know, saying as they're the majority of the people? :hhh: I don't have admissions stats for every school on me, but what do you expect?

Most schools are so big that if you can't find black people to hang out with, that says something about how no one wants to hang out w/ ya weird ass :ufdup:

I went to a preppy ass suburban private school and still found a large group of black folk to hang out with, it's not hard.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I went to both...graduated from a PWI after attending 2 HBCU's

The cultural experience at an HBCU is surreal, no PWI will ever compare

the marching bands, the student center parties, homecoming, the classics, the fraternities, THE WOMEN :noah:

but when you walk through the student center at a PWI - they have fliers, posters and meetings for just about every global and social issue known to man

I felt like I was finally in "college"...a real institute of higher learning and not just High School 2.0 :francis:

I've recommended several kids go to HBCU's and I don't just go around shytting on em, but it is what it is :manny:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
the positives:
-you always had a certain amount of beckies looking to "rebel" on any given night :shaq::russ:.
-cops weren't that bad to deal with...since it was mostly white kids..they parties got ridiculous.
-you learn all the little tricks and ways racist cacs easier. I truly hate white supremacy, but I can appear less "militant" around they asses. And i don't flip out when they do ignant shyt around me.

the negatives:
-dealing with white people. some have really good intentions and they truly are just ignorant to being around black people. Some are just straight racist and think they're not. Funny enough, some of the most country redneck dudes (like pure rodeo riding dudes)...were some of the coolest dudes. It's as if they had their identity set and they were tripping about shyt. But over time i learned the biggest racists were the wiggers. The dudes who complete the full kid rock cycle. I can spot these clowns a mile away now.
-being homesick for blackness/black shyt. :mjcry:
-having the exact same questions asked when you meet new people. "do you play football/basketball?"..."do you smoke weed?"...."are you from the hood?:troll:"...etc....