The Red Summer of 1919-The Race War you Never knew about...

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
thanks man to you have any further opinion on this??

The main thing I emphasize is that we need more social scientists publishing research like this; the postmodernists and neo-conservatives are afraid to dig into this type of history because it may upset their co-opted partnerships with whites or they are lazy scholars; we need to be publishing and promoting these episodes of black agency and resistance to white terrorism, especially at the public school level

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The evil deeds of this country and those who helped further the segregation will be paid, best believe it...

They can continue to sweep things like this under the rug or tell us to "forget about it" "it was so long ago" yet want us to Remember the Holocaust or what have you. Only so much more we, as a people, can take.

They're going to wish they treated us better b/c I honestly feel like we're headed for a "race war"of sorts...the media is stoking the fire and it's just a matter of time...

Props on this thread...will read when I get home from work

Disagree. Even though racism never left the white folks now are no way compared to the devils back then.

I seriously believe though they need to study white folks for hatred to the other man because they are not normal brehs the Shyt they have done doesn't make any sense and I am going back centuries. The hatred is so inbred I wouldn't be surprise if it is in their DNA.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Disagree. Even though racism never left the white folks now are no way compared to the devils back then.

I seriously believe though they need to study white folks for hatred to the other man because they are not normal brehs the Shyt they have done doesn't make any sense and I am going back centuries. The hatred is so inbred I wouldn't be surprise if it is in their DNA.
good point who the hell invites their children and family to a lynching and have a picnic while doing it??

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
The main thing I emphasize is that we need more social scientists publishing research like this; the postmodernists and neo-conservatives are afraid to dig into this type of history because it may upset their co-opted partnerships with whites or they are lazy scholars; we need to be publishing and promoting these episodes of black agency and resistance to white terrorism, especially at the public school level
we need our own media to combat the cac media

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
elaine_3_f.jpg

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
More from the Chicago riots

horde of young boys run to the corner where a young black man was being beaten during Chicago's race riots of 1919. White youngsters drove out African-American residents by stoning their homes during the race riots.

Police remove the body of a black man killed during the 1919 race riots. The five days of violence were sparked when a black teenager crossed an invisible boundary between the waters of the 29th Street beach, known to be reserved for whites, and the 25th Street beach, known to be reserved for blacks

A man armed with a machine gun sits at the Cook County Jail during the 1919 Chicago race riots

A black man is searched by Chicago Police in front of a crowd at an unidentified spot

Crowds gather at 36th and State Streets, the center of the riot area

The state run militia patrols the streets of Chicago

Troops gather at 47th Street and Wentworth Avenue

A soldier tells a man to "back up" during the race riots in Chicago in 1919. The soldiers were in place to keep white people in their own district

The original caption for this photo reads: "These Negro policemen appeal for law and order. Detective Sergeants Middleton and Scott drive through riot area urging members of their race to get off streets and go home." The photo was taken a day after the rioting began, July 28, 1919. Editors note: part of this print was hand-panted

The state militia was mobilized in Chicago at the height of the 1919 race riot

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Chicago again

A police officer stands in front of Burke's Lunch Room in the heart of Chicago's business district. A black man was dragged out through a window and beaten to death on the sidewalk in front of the lunch room during the race riots of 1919. The hole in the window is covered up with a board. Photo dated July 30, 1919