The Red Summer of 1919-The Race War you Never knew about...

Milk

Pro
Daps
Reppin
England
Good thread!

let's not forget the New York Draft Riots during the Civil War...the movie Gangs of New York is the only thing I've seen touch on them, but that was watered down...The New York Draft riots were absolutely horrific as the anti-Lincoln northerners hunted any black person in the streets and dismembered their bodies...this is the type of stuff I read and write about all the time...I've had to develop a shield around my heart so I could continue my work on the subject

There's a book on the New York Draft Riots called "In the Shadow of Slavery: African Americans in New York City, 1626-1863". An excerpt of the book has been published here: The New York City Draft Riots of 1863

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
The Red Summer of 1919-The Race War you Never knew about...

:dwillhuh: What are you talking about? I've seen The Red Summer of 1919 mentioned or talked about in mainstream documentaries or TV shows/specials about Black history many times.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dwillhuh: What are you talking about? I've seen The Red Summer of 1919 mentioned or talked about in mainstream documentaries or TV shows/specials about Black history many times.

You might have but the majority of brehs on here (or black folks in general) haven't unfortunately....
:ehh: You got a point. They don't teach about The Red Summer of 1919 in school. I never heard about it before this summer. I just know about it from watching random documentaries or TV shows/specials I downloaded from Torrents or I watched on YouTube since this summer.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

In all parts of the city, white mobs dragged from surface cars, black passengers wholly ignorant of any trouble, and set upon them. An unidentified man, young woman and a 3 month old baby were found dead on the street at the intersection of 47th street and Wentworth avenue. She had attempted to board a car there when the mob seized her, beat her, slashed her body into ribbons and beat the Baby’s brains out against a telegraph pole. Not satisfied with this, one rioter severed her breasts and a white youngster bore it aloft on pole, triumphantly, while the crowd hooted gleefully. All the time this was happening, several policemen were in the crowd, but did not make any attempt to make rescue until too late.
Remember this next time somebody tells you their ancestors didn't get here until after slavery. :rudy:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS

200.gif