The Red Summer of 1919-The Race War you Never knew about...

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Great thread and can't stand how this type of history is not taught in schools. I taught it to my students as it is the culminating event in the nadir period as blacks fought back against multiple race riots and demonstrated vast agency in that summer. Other powerful race riots that need this type of attention are the 1906 Atlanta Race Riot and the 1910 Jack Johnson race riots that occurred all over the nation when he won the championship. The key part of these events is that blacks in every instance fought back and whooped ass of anyone that brought state sponsored and private white terrorist violence to their community. Red Summer indeed...

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
for a more detailed look check out this book brehs
redsummer2.jpg

Please check it out brehs its mind blowing as fukk!!!

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Damn, this sh*t just tripped me out, I'm about to go out on a date with this white Latina chick right, this sh*t kind of makes me a bit ashamed. Just some truly evil sh*t. And to top it off, we were fighting for THEM. :pacspit:

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Damn, this sh*t just tripped me out, I'm about to go out on a date with this white Latina chick right, this sh*t kind of makes me a bit ashamed. Just some truly evil sh*t. And to top it off, we were fighting for THEM. :pacspit:
you know how it is breh when shyt gets real they need us but when the smoke clears its back to business as usual.