The rehabilitation of Lee Boyd Malvo is proof that mental illess is made up and fake

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
yOU nikkaS SURE LOVE CAPING :cape: FOR MURDEROUS CAC'S. Mental illness may be a real issue but that doesn't absolve a motherfukker of their murderous crimes. Why is that defense only brought up when cac's go on a rampage?

These nikkas were sane enough to plan the rampage but at the same time mentally unstable be held accountable? :heh:

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
superman-dive.gif

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
yOU nikkaS SURE LOVE CAPING :cape: FOR MURDEROUS CAC'S. Mental illness may be a real issue but that doesn't absolve a motherfukker of their murderous crimes. Why is that defense only brought up when cac's go on a rampage?

These nikkas were sane enough to plan the rampage but at the same time mentally unstable be held accountable? :heh:

lol they said adam lanza couldnt feel any type of pain or emotions, yet he killed himself when he saw police coming. He already knew he :ufdup:

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
Someone gets diagnosed with cancer and after undergoing surgery and or chemo therapy the cancer is removed. Because the patient recovered from cancer does it prove that their physical ailment was made up and fake?

Why is recovery from a mental illness proof that all mental illnesses are made up and fake?

2/10 for making me reply to one of your troll threads.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Someone gets diagnosed with cancer and after undergoing surgery and or chemo therapy the cancer is removed. Because the patient recovered from cancer does it prove that their physical ailment was made up and fake?

Why is recovery from a mental illness proof that all mental illnesses are made up and fake?

2/10 for making me reply to one of your troll threads.

They never had mental illness at all, is what im saying

Justice

pathogen
Daps
I have no idea what exactly this thread is reffering to since I haven't heard anything about the DC sniper case in years but I had always thought that the older guy, John Allen Muhammad, was the psychopath suffering from delusions and he was able to convince the child, because of his implicit position of authority over him, to carry out these attacks. Muhammad was suffering from severe mental illness but from what I understand Lee Boyd Malvo wasn't crazy per se, just confused because of the influence of Muhammad. Kind of like how a child raised and indoctrinated in any kind of cult will act on those beliefs. I wouldn't be surprised if the same power dynamic was in play with the Columbine shootings since the two perpetrators were very close friends.

Mental illness is a factor in a lot of crimes that aren't drug-related or a "crime of passion." Statistically speaking, most violent crimes aren't random acts of violence except in cases involving someone suffering from mental illness (serial killers, mass shooters, etc). What you need to understand is that mental illness isn't a death sentence. In most cases it can be treated with proper help or in severe cases, neutralized before it becomes an even bigger problem for society at large. Psychiatry is a badly underfunded field of medicine and study because insurance companies don't pay well for any medical specialty that doesn't involve procedures and operations (psychiatry requires a lot of time and doesn't if ever involve any procedures - both these things aren't in the interests of insurance companies since it's hard to prove that all the time in therapy is making a difference; it's not something that is measurable using objective metrics) and the general public seems to have a hard time accepting that mental illness exists in the first place (i.e. this thread, and the entirety of the religion known as Scientology). The fact that there is an anti-vaccine movement in the United States should tell you how distrusting the general publc is towards medicine in general and how susceptible they are to anything that exploits those doubts (i.e. see homeopathic medicine).

What you also have to understand is that mental illness isn't an excuse to behave badly hence why John Allen Muhammad was sentenced and executed. The issues with dignosing and treating mental illness are a lot more nuanced and complex than you think they are OP.

So wanting to kill people is a mentall illness now?

Anti-social behaviors are broadly associated with mental illness but that isn't to say that being anti-social is itself a mental illness.

PS. sorry for any spelling errors, typing on a tablet... :\

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So wanting to kill people is a mentall illness now?

Yes, being a psychopath is a personality disorder. Just think about what you are asking man. You are trying to reason that planning to shoot up a high school or kindergarten class is considered normal behavior. If it were, we would have shootings like Sandy Hook every other day.