The Rematch to One of the Best Fights in MMA History: Official UFC 164 Thread

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
UFC-164-FOXSPORTS-16x9.jpg

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)
Trailer:

Weigh-In:

benson-henderson-anthony-pettis.jpg

Thoughts? Predictions?

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
One of my most anticipated fights of the year, I can't wait. What makes this fight even greater is that it could easily go either way, it's a toss-up fight.

Like their first fight I see this being a very close battle. I want to say Pettis wins, but he's coming off an injury and is taking the fight on short notice, which is not a good mix. Hopefully, he comes in fully healed and ready. I'm a fan of both fighters, but I would rather have Pettis winning and shaking things up in the division.

Pettis via decision.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Feel the same was as you guys. I said earlier on my MMA podcast that this fight could really go either way and its hard to call it. Pettis off the injury, Smooth wanting revenge.

I do feel like Benson is a completely different fighter than he was back then though. We'll see though

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
i
Feel the same was as you guys. I said earlier on my MMA podcast that this fight could really go either way and its hard to call it. Pettis off the injury, Smooth wanting revenge.

I do feel like Benson is a completely different fighter than he was back then though. We'll see though

i keep telling motherfukkas this, even though i want bendo to lose sooo bad, i think he got this one. i see bendo taking pettis to the ground and grinding out another 5 round decision.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
i

i keep telling motherfukkas this, even though i want bendo to lose sooo bad, i think he got this one. i see bendo taking pettis to the ground and grinding out another 5 round decision.
Hes a couple levels above. Hes a much smarter fighter. Hes been in some wars. I also think hes mentally tougher than Pettis too....

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Henderson vs Pettis
Out of all the champs in the UFC, I dislike him the most and could vision him losing in the near future. But if he is smart he should win this. And by smart I mean not getting into a kickboxing battle with Pettis like some of his last fighst. Guida, a far inferior fighter, already laid the bluebrint for defeating pettis by employing a smothering grappling approach. Henderson is much better then their last fight in terms of striking(even though he tends to still get sloppy), clinch work, and timing his TD better. If he changes levels and stays aggressive all five rounds then he should have no problem. But damn I want Pettis to win

Frank Mir vs Josh Barnett
This fight is 8 years too late. Mir at this stage is pretty shot. Awful cardio, suspect chin, average striking, are all recipes for disaster in the HW. Barnett's catch wrestling should null Mir's BJJ. But I highly doubt this fight really goes to the ground. Barnett has the advantage in striking should I see him with the UD in a 3 round bore fest

Clay Guida vs Chad Mendes
Love Mendes. One of the best fighters to not hold a title right now. Hate Guida. An average fighter who made up for it with his constant wild pace but has now develop into a prototypical, point fighter. Since Mendes has been KO'ing everyone lately, I expect Guida to run around the cage, come forward with his silly head movement/kicks, and then get out of distance for the whole fight. Mendes is the better wrestler and he has developed his striking tremendously. He has good cardio so he should be able to keep up with guida's frenetic pace and tag him a lot since guida leaves himself open. UD win for Mendes

Ben Rothwell vs Brandon Vera
This has potential to be Worst fight of the night. Vera, who did nothing at LHW vs a slow, lumbering HW who manged to get outgrappled by Mark Hunt of all people. If Vera can survive the first, he should be able to take this since Rothwell has horrendous cardio. Of course, Rothwell can come out swinging and KO vera into next week. I dont know who wins this and I don't care.

Dustin Poirer vs Eric Koch
Two fighters who should be better then what they currently are. Poirer is a grappler but for some reason loves to brawl with strikers, which has been his downfall. Koch is a better striker and has got solid TDD. He should be able to keep it standing and light Poirier up for the UD

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I got the prophet Benson sending the demon Pettis to bolivia

:blessed::blessed:

I also got Mir hopefully beating Barnett, Guida vs Chad is a tough one to call, I'm also intrigued to see how Ryan Couture does. I'm assuming if he loses it will be "strike two, go join your dad " :pachaha:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Even though I can take or leave henderson & its good for a man to be confident in his skills (pettis).I will be happy is ben destroys this entitled prick and puts an end to his constant yapping. Dude hasnt really achieved diddly squat in the ufc but u wouldnt know

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Mendes is going to put a beatdown on Guida, he's better everywhere. I'm going to enjoy every second of it, fukk Guida.

RudySpanish

Boomer Sooner
Daps
Reppin
OKC

whats ya podcast?