The Ring's Year End Awards

The Ring's 2017 Fighter of The Year Is . . .

• Mikey Garcia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deontay Wilder

• Anthony Joshua

• Keith Thurman

• Badou Jack

• David Benavidez Jr

• Leo Santa Cruz

• Canelo Alvarez

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
That time of they year is here brehs

2017 has been another great year for our sport

We had mega events like Mayweather vs McGregor

Our brother Anthony Joshua ending :DeadKlit:

SOG castrating the Klansman and his supporters

And Canelo vs golovkin

There were some bad decisions but all major fights were exciting and brought new eyes to the sport

Main voting category will be Fighter Of The Year

Vote on categories you want, all votes will be tallied up

If you wanna go into detail for you choice feel free but spoiler videos or large photos

Fighter Of The Year: Mikey Garcia
(Demolition job on the feared Dejan, moved up to beat AB and is now fighting an undefeated champ @140)

Fight of The Year: Badou Jack v James Degale
(Degale started the fight dropping Badou
Badou ended the fight breaking Degale into pieces & dropping him for the 1st time)

KO/ KO Artiste of The Year: Jermell Charlo
(Mikey/Wilder were close but Jermell slumped Hatley and punched Lubin into a seizure)

Comeback FOTY: Mikey Garcia
(Beat an undefeated champ who other champs ducked and moved up to beat AB in fronta 13k and me :aicmon:)

Card of The Year: Jack vs Degale, Davis v Pedraza, Aleem vs Khytrov
(3 FOTY contenders on 1 card and my dumbass ain't go :sadbron:)

Prospect of The Year: David Benavidez Jr

Event of The Year: Mayweather vs Mcgregor

Most Desired Fight of 2018: Wilder v Joshua
(Euro nikkas really arguing against this happening:gucci:)

:mindblown: Moment of The Year: Euro nikkas still arguing Against Wilder v Joshua :gucci:

Image Of The Year: @SuikodenII
LOOK WHAT YOU MADE WILDER DO:damn:
870337092.1509854371.jpg

Upset of The Year: Caleb Truax vs a Broken James Degale

Robbery of The Year: Jacobs v golovkin

Network of The Year: SHOWTIME
(Evenly matched fights, deep undercards, no robberies and few PPV's :blessed:)

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fighter Of The Year: Gennady Golovkin
The Triple Gawd is the longest reigning active champion today in boxing...rose to the occasion and showed he was a man of true boxing pedigree by outboxing a very game Danny Jacobs who also rose to the occasion in a great chess match of a fight. Followed that up by gassing out (something ive talked about for 5 years on here) a younger Canelo in only 3 rounds and soundly boxing him up while Canelo was attempting to fight off his backfoot with none of the struggle Sweet Pea shyt on display. Unfortunately a Mr. Magoo judge ruined the fight with a disgusting score for canelo but the Mexicans let everyone know who won the fight and the audience watching in 1080p (salute @Newzz for this). 19 title defenses knocking on the door of tying the record of the great Bernard Hopkins.

#GGGoodBoys

Fight of The Year: Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko
There were very good candidates for this but this fight i chose simply because it reached the attention of the casual. We were treated to a rare heavyweight title fight with an ebb and flow with a decisive finish. The live audience was on point, it popped a good rating, and it had boxing buzzing in both boxing and casual circles for a good minute. The heavyweight boxing is back talks :mjgrin: :salute: Oluwafemi..Naija no dey carry last

my honorable mentions
miura-roman - just a ridiculous brawl that made this old school boxing fan smile hard and be in awe at the shyt i was watching. roman getting up without struggle from a legit KO shot to the belly (because he felt it was the right thing to do) might be the gulliest thing ive seen all year
aleem-khytrov -a FOTY candidate that was also a huge upset..khytrov had all the hype behind him and ended up KO'ed in a mean ebb and flow..the first legit FOTY candidate of 2017
king sor-chocolatito I - 115 made its stamp as the hottest division in boxing this year with an all out war on the as the co main for GGG-Jacobs with King Sor ending chocolatito's reign and becoming the new P4P champ not only in boxing but here in the ring as well #RatPack..even better it took place in a PPV so it reached a very wide audience
jack-degale - this fight had everything..even the ref got snuffed..again the scoring unfortunately cast a black eye on this fight to a degree but the effort man :wow:
warren-zhakiyanov - the best fight to air on the PBC on Bounce cards this year...this shyt was also a legit war..if only this fight had taken place on a card that wasnt aired on Bounce

KO/ KO Artiste of The Year: KO of the year - Gotta give it to Lemieux over Curtis Stevens...ol boy got knocked COLD in front of his mom dukes and carried out on a stretcher..then the next day Lemieux went demonic and wished him a happy birthday once he found it was legit.

Comeback FOTY: Sadam Ali

from getting ko'ed by Jessie Vargas last year to whipping Cotto's ass and winning a title at 154 in an upset....Mikey Garcia would have gotten this but he didn't come back from any low moment like Ali did.

Card of The Year: Gary Russell Jr-Oscar Escandon/Andre Dirrell-Jose Uzcategui/Rances Barthelemy-Kiryl Relikh
This was a card that had everything..a mixture of boxing and pure fukkery...barthelemy-relikh was almost a FOTY candidate with unfortunate bad scoring...dirrell-uzcategui was the bowe-golota of 2010s with the shyt that went down..gary russ went in on some woke shyt and showed he was the world's best featherweight by dismantling escandon..entertaining from top to bottom

honorable mentions
miura-roman/berchelt-vargas - this was a throwback to HBO BAD cards of yesteryear...fades galore and yielded a FOTY candidate...if youre an old school fan you cant front on this card
superfly - 115 was on display in all its glory...a dope opener in cuadras-estrada...the US debut of inoue..and King Sor repeating his win over chocolatito with a brutal KO
jack-degale - yielded 2 FOTY candidates...that hasnt happened since god knows when (@yawn you werent the only one @King P had tickets too but ended up couldn't make it either)

Prospect of The Year: I need to think about this some more :patrice: and i'll edit

Event of The Year: GGG-Canelo for sure...a fight for the lineal distinction as well 3 of the 4 middleweight titles...i only wish the undercard on paper matched it even though they turned out to be decent fights..i still laugh at the video i posted on my IG and twitter of the live reaction (my own included) of the judges scores

Most Desired Fight of 2018: Joshua vs Wilder (which i would seriously plan to go to if in England) or Joshua-Parker because Parker is food and he has the other title or Joshua-Fury because Fury is the damn lineal champion and that needs to be taken off him

:mindblown: Moment of The Year: The constant bad judging of these fights..i mean some of these scores were just something else man

Honorable mention goes to Timmy and Teddy Atlas while doing the broadcasting for Pac-horn

Image Of The Year: my various pics and vids of me faded in Montreal for the Superman-Fonfara 2 fight :lolbron: :steviej:..nah..the uppercut Femi landed on Wlad..talk about iconic

upload_2017-12-26_10-37-54.jpeg

14obude.png
Upset of The Year: Tony Bellew vs David Haye - this made me sad..Haye injured and physically shot getting ko'ed by a nikka that Superman made into a bobble head at 175.

Robbery of The Year: easily Jeff Horn over Manny Pacquiao..the first major card on ESPN with the new deal and it ended up in pure fukkery...Horn's only offense was the mauling and the damn headbutting with opened up the cuts on Manny while the cuts on Horn were opened up by legit punches from Manny...shyt the fight should have been stopped in round 9 for Manny too...yes it was not the Manny from even a couple years ago but he won that shyt easily from anybody who can actually judge a fight and are not Pacquiao haters/Floyd stans

Network of The Year: hmmmmm might need to think about that too :patrice:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Fighter Of The Year: Andre Ward

Ward had arguably the best win of 2017, he stopped a guy he was evenly matched with, who no1 thought he’d stop and questioned if he could beat him in a rematch. Both fighters were active and in their relative prime. Kovalev was probably the more atheletic and fresher fighter as well, but we saw Ward break him down with more great body work and when that right landed, he folded. His will was taken and the mind games between fights. :wow:

Fight of The Year: Anthony Joshua vs Wlad Klitchsko

Great back and forth competitive Heavyweight fight, both guys were hurt and touched the canvas, the crowd is big, the intros and ring walks felt like a big event. Fight ended with a definitive conclusion no controversy.

KO Artist of The Year: Jermell Charlo

His two knockouts this year put a lot of respek on his name. Two perfectly placed punches left Hatley napping and reset Lubins nervous system.

Prospect of The Year: Anthony Yarde

Most Desired Fight of 2018: Keith Thurman Vs Errol Spence Jr
This will probably carry on for several years :mjlol:

Moment of The Year: KING SOR whipping Chocolatitos ass twice in the same year
:wow:

Image Of The Year: SOG Halo

Andre-Ward-Sergey-Kovalev-2-Photo-credit-Squint-@squint2mylou.jpg

Upset of The Year: KING SOR VS CHOCOLATITO 1 & 2

Robbery of The Year: GGG vs Canelo, there was a lot of robberies I probably can’t even recall but this one was in a high profile fight with a clear winner GGG.

Network of The Year: easily SHOWTIME - PBC

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Fighter of the Year...................TIE Between GGG and LOMA..............Both made good opponents into lesser men.

bytch of the Year.....................TIE Between Rigo and Canelo........Both popped shyt for mad long before their big fights and both under performed and disgraced themselves to real nikkas and fans alike. One guy quit without even taking a beating and the other guy ran his ass off in order to avoid a beating and elected to get outboxed instead. :scust:

Fight of the Year....................Wlad vs AJ......fight had everything you can want in the division that needed it the most.

Crybaby of the Year...............Kovalev. No explanation needed

Robbery of the Year...............4way TIE between GGG vs Canelo, Pac vs Horn, Jack vs DeFaile, and Choc vs Rat King 1:snoop:

Event of the Year.....................Thurman vs Swift, The overall fight wasn't classic or anything, but for the 1st 6 rds, that bytch had everyone's attention and it was for free. That part was wild entertaining. Mad casuals were talking about it too. Decent fight but needed a more dynamic or thrilling ending tho. No robbery either so that was another plus. :whew:

Bridesmaid of the Year..............Lucas Matthysse :mjlol:

KO of the Year...........................TIE between Wilder KO of Stiverne and Diet Charlo KO of Lubin. :hhh:

Biggest Sparring Match of the Year................Mayweather vs Mcgregor.....That was the perfect example of a seasoned guy letting novice expend himself early, only to gradually pick it up and stop him. Everyone that has ever boxed has done their own version of this at least once. I was entertained though, but just saw it for what it was. :manny:

Upset of the Year.........................Truax vs DeFaile. I'm so glad this wasn't a robbery either. The hardworking underdog finally got his due. This win is what boxing is about and why we have to watch fights play out in the ring and not on a message board or piece of paper. :obama:

Comeback of the Year....................Devon Alexander. In his fight with Walter Castillo, that was the best he's looked since the Maidana fight where he wiped his ass with that overrated fukk for 10 lop sided rounds where he even dropped dude too.

AssKicking of the Year.......................Figgy vs Ghost.......Yeah it was a lil competitive, but man Figgy was out there doing M Bison combos on Ghost and bouncing him all over the place. shyt was prime Tito brutal.

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
one of the best years of boxing ever imo

all the dream matchups ppl were drooling over, actually happened

incredible to finally watch the best fight the best

and with floyd retiring, the WW division got so much more interesting

ima have to go with GGG for fighter of the year

upset of the year, ima go with chocolatito, seeing him get slept by a thai farmer was brutal

fight of the year gotta b joshua klitchko, one of the greatest heavyweight fights of all time with the back n forth. both are such classy dudes too. i hope brooklyn bomber vs joshua happens

:wow: 2017 was a special year for boxing when we look back it bruhs

so much fukkery

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Robbery of The Year: Jacobs v golovkin

How is this possibly Robbery of The Year? It was a close and an argumentcould be made for either fighter but it wasnt a robbery. And before any of you jackasses get started on the "GGG stan" nonsense, I'm a huge Jacobs fan. Just ask @Newzz @patscorpio @mr. smoke weed .

A robbery would be Sosa/Gamboa.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Fight of the Year: Joshua/Klitscho
From Black Terminator knocking him down and getting too hype to Wlad coming back and putting him on his ass and Black Terminator making Wlad do the Milly Wop in the 11th. This fight had some of everything. Great skill from both fighters and great KDs from both of them.

KO of the Year: Wilder/Stiverne II
870337092.1509854371.jpg
... yeah.

Fighter of the Year: Andre Ward
Cant see how you can pick anyone else. He beat Kov and then after being all that bullshyt Kov and Duva did, he taxed his ass again and they still found a reason to piss and moan. Funniest shyt is I just KNEW Kov would call him out again after his comeback fight. He avoided saying anything about SOG. :heh:

Upset of the Year: Truax/Degale
Degale looked washed as fukk from the beginning to the end.

Robbery of the Year: Canelo/GGG
That shyt wasn't a draw. I thought GGG won easily.

Network of The Year: Eh... I dont give a shyt.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Never thought I'd give it to Vasyl but hard to argue against. Made an undefeated, former gold medalist, in-shape professional quit.

Ward's was a rematch to a close fight.

Maybe Mikey Garcia or Boo-Boo will have a career year. Garcia's been late with his.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
How is this possibly Robbery of The Year? It was a close and an argumentcould be made for either fighter but it wasnt a robbery. And before any of you jackasses get started on the "GGG stan" nonsense, I'm a huge Jacobs fan. Just ask @Newzz @patscorpio @mr. smoke weed .

A robbery would be Sosa/Gamboa.
Breh had to put GGG last on the poll and was the only name he couldn't capitalize at all. Fix was already in.

GGG-Jacobs wasn't a controversial fight to me. Jacobs put forth a good effort, like you I am a Jacobs fan normally, but I thought GGG won a close fight. Debatable yes, robbery :comeon:.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Breh had to put GGG last on the poll and was the only name he couldn't capitalize at all. Fix was already in.

GGG-Jacobs wasn't a controversial fight to me. Jacobs put forth a good effort, like you I am a Jacobs fan normally, but I thought GGG won a close fight. Debatable yes, robbery :comeon:.

I didn't know @yawn didn't fukk with GGG.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

This is one of the reasons triple G can't be fighter of the year

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
This is one of the reasons triple G can't be fighter of the year
I didn't vote him fighter of the year. I voted Loma because he dominated folks. My point wasn't arguing for him to be FOTY, just pointing out a little bias...

I didn't know @yawn didn't fukk with GGG.
Yep, he is on the little G train and doesnt fukk with him pretty heavy.

Columbo

Lieutenant
Daps
Reppin
Homicide Investigations
Klit vs Joshua was the fight of the year

Fighter of the year goes to Andre Ward, he beat and knocked out someone that no one else at that weight class is beating