The Rock & Stone Cold vs The NWO - Raw 3/11/02

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This was Raw's go home show for Wrestlemania 18. I'm sure most people know the deal around this time, but as a refresher, Vince brought in the NWO to "inject poison and destroy what I created" (which is a massively ironic statement since he basically did that by purchasing WCW/ECW and killing off millions of dollars and storylines the previous year). Hall, Nash, and Hulkkkster showed up and all types of havoc ensued, including some unintentionally comedy. Stone Cold had his knee bashed in with a cement block, and they tried running the Rock over (my memory is hazy on that, may have been with an 18 wheeler or something :laff:). This match is maybe 8 minutes, basically just full of star power and great crowd reaction.

Crazy how fast this version of the NWO went away in the WWE. After Austin vs Hall and Rock vs Hogan at WM X-8, Hogan turned face, X-Pac and Big Show joined Hall & Nash, the OG Brand Extension happened, HBK and Booker T joined, and then POOF, the NWO was gone. Vince McMahon cut a promo that literally just said "the NWO is no more" and that was it :russ:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The pop for hogan was incredible.

And austin perfectly timed the post fight to lessen the crowd