Essential The Root Random Thoughts

RichieRich

Beg my pardon to Martin...
Daps
Reppin
Negroes with guns
Good idea on the thread, I'm gonna be in here alot.

Since I woke up, I have a hard time meshing with coworkers (non black).

Especially when the police murders/aftermath come up. I learned how to stick and move in convos and they're the ones who end up getting pissed off.

I keep it business and keep it moving

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Real talk:

I have a hard time keeping up with all of the police misconduct. I honestly turn a blind eye to a lot of the stuff because the more you look the more you find. Hundreds of cases of men and women and children (some innocent some not) being slaughtered and killed by police officers. It really weighs me down so I've tried to just focus on the "main" ones and not looked into some of the less publicized. I feel embarrassed to even admit it, but what can I do when it happens so frequently?

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Real talk:

I have a hard time keeping up with all of the police misconduct. I honestly turn a blind eye to a lot of the stuff because the more you look the more you find. Hundreds of cases of men and women and children (some innocent some not) being slaughtered and killed by police officers. It really weighs me down so I've tried to just focus on the "main" ones and not looked into some of the less publicized. I feel embarrassed to even admit it, but what can I do when it happens so frequently?

Don't be embarrassed if you try to focus on it all, it'll make you spazz and go on a killing spree.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
orange walk season pretty much in full swing in scotland. fukking fills me with rage seeing those bigots out and about.

hopefully we get more of this though.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Analyzing the institutional racism in this Country, I can't help but think we need to go back to the drawing board on our accepted rhetoric & philosophies.

DO we really mean "racist individual cop"? Or are we looking at a large pool of sheep who, through ignorance, don't really understand that, by following policies & quotas, they are contributing to historically concreted ideals permeated through society for centuries.

I honestly believe there are racists, bigots & discriminators in every facet of society...the key is acknowledging that most of these guys are plagued by the same indoctrination that some of our people are plagued by that causes self-hate.

The racist societal indoctrination that causes a white female to clutch her purse when I walk by her on the street when I'm not in a suit(sometimes when I'm in a suit), stems from the same racist societal indoctrination that causes a law enforcement agent to believe that Black men are dangerous, which believe it or not, stems from the same racist societal indoctrination that causes a black man to look at his brother with a hostile adrenaline when there is an accidental stare down contest in the middle of Brownsville.

Honest discussion & a clearer articulation should be our intellectual goal.

Just a thought. <---Really just the tip of the iceberg.