The Root: What books are you reading right now?

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
0529104350.jpg.jpg

I finished reading this a couple of weeks ago, (excellent read btw..would highly recommend) a statistic I read in there really caught my eye, stating that on average people in this country are reading just 2 books per year. With books being a great source of acquiring wisdom, new ideas, and the outlet to get lost in a good story I'm making it a goal to read more and figured we could have a thread here to share anything we've recently read, what we've got on deck, and make any recommendations.

I was also interested in something on the entire history of Africa as a continent, stumbled upon this at Barnes & Nobles. Thicker than the bible but this is next up for me
41TzKm%2BFr%2BL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Even if you dont have any books you're reading currently come in and talk about some of the subjects you are interested in so folks can give you ideas

Links:

http://www.blackclassicbooks.com/

Last edited:

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Also, havent read it in full yet but Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Cant Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I noticed there are a lot of variations of the 'I' personality type posting here, be it infj, intj or other. This book traces the origins of how western society became an extroverted world with some pretty fascinating studies behind it along with tips for navigating in different environments as an introvert. As I said didn't read in full yet but what I read so far was pretty good.