The Secretary of Defense was hospitalized for 3 days and no one in the White House knew

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Pretty wild. Maybe I'm overreacting, but seems like a potentially fireable offense to do this as SoD...especially considering ALL that's going on in the world.

Dudes get fired for less in normal corporate jobs.
Reports are saying he was in ICU :mindblown: There's gotta be some kinda protocol beyond the Secretary or their ability to communicate that. I'm legit alarmed by the failure.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That's his staff trying to protect the boss. His staffers in the inner circle are loyal to him first. That's how it mostly is. Because their careers are going to be in DOD not the White House, among other reasons. These agencies often treat the others as outsiders and compete, and all that.

They may even had inner friction or tension with the WH staffers and their counterparts. This is why when people claim these vast conspiracies, they don't really grasp how government works.

obviously, the SEC of Defense answers to the president, serves at the pleasure of the president or whatever that phrase it, but the reality on the ground is more complicated.

Last edited:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
That's his staff trying to protect the boss. His staffers in the inner circle are loyal to him first. That's how it mostly is. Because their careers are going to be in DOD not the White House, among other reasons. These agencies often treat the others as outsiders and compete, and all that.

They may even had inner friction or tension with the WH staffers and their counterparts. This is why when people claim these vast conspiracies, they don't really grasp how government works.
You make a good point. His team would be removed from their position alongside Austin if he was deemed unhealthy enough to do his job.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You can almost say 100% though, that he didn't order or tell his staff to alert the White House. Because dude is a general, and all his staffers are former, or current however that works at DOD --but they wouldn't disobey an order. And he wouldn't say ohhh maybe tell them, you figure it out. He's a fukking general.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
This is national security.
Trying to "protect" your job and/or "compete" in this kinda manner is outright abandoning job duties