The Shawshank Redemption

killacal

Banned
Daps
This is a movie that deserves the hype

It was slept on when it came out

Ive been meaning to watch it as long as I can remember. Even though it had a happy ending there was too much hardship, why my nikka brooks gotta go out like that :2much::2much::2much:

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Good movie, but ultimately another magic negro movie. Stephen king sure loves his magic negros. The shining, IT, the stand, green mile, shawshank......

morganfreeman

droppin rare knowledge
Daps
Reppin
a little town called greenwood mississippi
@Chief
Shawshank redemption used prison as a metaphor for our everyday lives; andy represented the need to extricate ourselves from the confines and restraints of society, and exercise free will and thought over our destinies; brooks represented the effects of institutionalization, and exhibited how most people can not live outside the confines of society, which comforts them with its structure. And i, ellis redding, was the human conscious, torn between the two options and destinies. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Sent by letter from zihuatenajo via message in a bottle

Last edited by a moderator:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Ive been meaning to watch it as long as I can remember. Even though it had a happy ending there was too much hardship, why my nikka brooks gotta go out like that :2much::2much::2much:

And the warden killed my mans that finally passed that damn test all so he could keep Andy as his slave :pacspit: