NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This book is dope AF. I really hope the movie lives up to it, although that's unlikely. But even if they get it halfway right it, it's gonna be great.

Since someone asked, here's a synopsis of the book:

Hermann Kermit Warm is going to die. The enigmatic and powerful man known only as the Commodore has ordered it, and his henchmen, Eli and Charlie Sisters, will make sure of it. Though Eli doesn't share his brother's appetite for whiskey and killing, he's never known anything else. But their prey isn't an easy mark, and on the road from Oregon City to Warm's gold-mining claim outside Sacramento, Eli begins to question what he does for a living–and whom he does it for.

With The Sisters Brothers, Patrick deWitt pays homage to the classic Western, transforming it into an unforgettable comic tour de force. Filled with a remarkable cast of characters–losers, cheaters, and ne'er-do-wells from all stripes of life–and told by a complex and compelling narrator, it is a violent, lustful odyssey through the

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This this was one of my most anticipated of the Year. Trailer was okay. I'm still sold just off the cast. But I really don't like when these westerns try to have a lighter tone

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Oh! Their last name is Sisters!

I was thinking what a stupid fukkin movie name.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This this was one of my most anticipated of the Year. Trailer was okay. I'm still sold just off the cast. But I really don't like when these westerns try to have a lighter tone

It's a darkish humor. It looks like the movie may ham it up a little because some of the humor in the book is pretty subtle and would be lost in translation. I just hope they don't go full corny.

Op needs to add more details. Sounds like a rom com

Done.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's a darkish humor. It looks like the movie may ham it up a little because some of the humor in the book is pretty subtle and would be lost in translation. I just hope they don't go full corny.

Done.
I meant to the thread title :lolbron:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:leon: Premiered and they say its pretty dope. Getting good reviews

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This was mediocre as hell. I have literally no idea what they were going for at least half of its running time. Just completely misguided filmmaking and storytelling. It gets sorta better when Charlie and Eli catch up to their targets, but even then it just turns into a watchable flick at best. One big disappointment.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This was mediocre as hell. I have literally no idea what they were going for at least half of its running time. Just completely misguided filmmaking and storytelling. It gets sorta better when Charlie and Eli catch up to their targets, but even then it just turns into a watchable flick at best. One big disappointment.

Well I still want to see it :russ: but any review that starts “mediocre as hell” is hilarious