The Sleeping dogs sequel we never got

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Apparently there was an actual sequel to the underrated game sleeping dogs.

Reasons for it not being greenlit
  • Square wanted to focus on Hitman and Tomb raider
  • The first game went through development hell and some dudes at United Fronts dipped
  • A sequel was not in the budget or worth it to square
How unfortunate Sleeping Dogs was a low key dope game that we may never get another one.:to:
I wish another developer would come in and make a melee combat focused open world game we don't get any of those.

Daps
I feel like people overrated the hell outta this game. i copped on the half of everybody on here bigging it up & i liked it but it was a solid 8
The foundations were great they could have built on it in the sequel but it never got a chance to develop. It's the true crime scenario all over again but true crime was a bit shytty especially the NYC one. Sleeping dogs was originally going to be True crime Hong Kong in many ways it is a spiritual successor but with much much better combat.

Slight improvements on the gameplay it would have been a 10

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully they get around to it eventually. I understand where square coming from. SD flopped and they are barely surviving

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yeah cause they spent all their budget on Emma Stone and Lucy Liu in the 1st game, that's why they had like 30 DLCs :mjlol:

Last edited: