The Summer of Dysfunction: NBA 2022 Offseason thread

Street Messiah

All Star
Daps
I can see both PHI and BOS having try-hard reg seasons, which is why I’d have both as the top 2 seeds in the East win-wise.

BOS just has to be careful not to fall too deep into that trap that befell the ‘21 Suns, ‘07 Mavs, & ‘06 Pistons following traumatic Finals losses. i.e. peaking throughout the reg season on some revenge tour ish only to flame out in the ‘offs.

to be fair I don’t the suns flamed out last year, their play style caught up to them. It’s funny how people praising them so much for not shooting threes like everyone else and mid range this, midrange that…. thats what got them sent home. They couldn’t keep up with that 3ball and it was bound to happen. all the title contenders were great from outside.

I don’t think 07 mavs flamed out either it was just a nightmare matchup. Too small in the backcourt, not enough athleticism, and dirk didnt know how to punish smaller players yet. I don’t think there is any lineup they could have put out there to beat golden state.…they could have beat every other team though.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
JaMychal too.

He's basically a diet version of Draymond (minus the playmaking), so they're almost always going to have a multi-tooled defensive guy out there to hold down that end of the floor. The amount of small ball lineups they can throw out there is unparalleled (they'll have an answer for every team that goes small), and apart from Poole, they've got no defensive weak links.
poole will be better on defense this season

it's literally the only thing he should've been working on this offseason, really

but dont forget....we gotta give wiseman 15 mins per game this season :snoop: gonna b very hard getting 60 wins with load mgmt and wiseman tanking our lineups :manny:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
to be fair I don’t the suns flamed out last year, their play style caught up to them. It’s funny how people praising them so much for not shooting threes like everyone else and mid range this, midrange that…. thats what got them sent home. They couldn’t keep up with that 3ball and it was bound to happen. all the title contenders were great from outside.

I don’t think 07 mavs flamed out either it was just a nightmare matchup. Too small in the backcourt, not enough athleticism, and dirk didnt know how to punish smaller players yet. I don’t think there is any lineup they could have put out there to beat golden state.…they could have beat every other team though.

I hear ya but ain’t no excuses for stars to go out like garbage like that in the ‘offs after steam rolling all season/MVP seasons. Other stars and failed contenders don’t get that benefit. Bad matchups are tough I agree but not impossible imo so when you go out like a lame, at some point mental toughness is questioned, especially after having it relatively easy all season and that false sense of security it can build.

No play style is any excuse for Booker to go 6/17 and 3/14 in back-to-back playoff games.