the U.S. is lying again to go to war with Iran :stopitslime:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Israel tried to con us into Iran with Bush after they conned our government into Iraq. Nobody in Congress wants to eat that L. Trump might want to go in, but Congress won't back him.
Congress is a full Republican majority. They been wanting a war with Iran since Reagan. Trump's cabinet is full of anti Iran hawks. The good news Matthis has said they plan on opposing Iran through diplomatic pressure not militarily. For now. But with ISIS gone the focus will be on Iran.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Congress is a full Republican majority. They been wanting a war with Iran since Reagan. Trump's cabinet is full of anti Iran hawks. The good news Matthis has said they plan on opposing Iran through diplomatic pressure not militarily. For now. But with ISIS gone the focus will be on Iran.

But, who's signing up for it? No way in hell they'd be dumb enough to try to draft people After 9/11, people were volunteering like crazy. Those numbers are way down and this is after the military started lowering their standards to fill the roles.

I agree that Republicans might *want* to fight another war, they're just not getting the resources to do it

Daps
But, who's signing up for it? No way in hell they'd be dumb enough to try to draft people After 9/11, people were volunteering like crazy. Those numbers are way down and this is after the military started lowering their standards to fill the roles.

I agree that Republicans might *want* to fight another war, they're just not getting the resources to do it

They might be dumb/evil enough to try and re-start the draft. They'd love to send young black men to die in their dipshyt war.

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
After iran will pakistan & turkey get it.they already went into pakistan without approval to get bin laden

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

The neocons have this fantasy that fighting an air war against Iran will be effective. They will try to bomb Iran from the air but they will get that major L because it won't be enough to stop Iran.
They won't even attempt a ground invasion of Iran because it would make Vietnam and Iraq look a pillow fight. There isn't enough troops to occupy a country of 82 million people.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The neocons have this fantasy that fighting an air war against Iran will be effective. They will try to bomb Iran from the air but they will get that major L because it won't be enough to stop Iran.
They won't even attempt a ground invasion of Iran because it would make Vietnam and Iraq look a pillow fight. There isn't enough troops to occupy a country of 82 million people.

82 Million....:deadman:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

There are 1,429,995 active members of the US armed forces right now, and another 818,000 in the Reserves. I have no idea how ya'all got onto this myth that there aren't enough US soldiers for Trump to start another war. He could fight with 10% of those numbers. Even if it meant he had to divert forces from Germany or Japan or call up reserves, you don't think he would do that?

I agree that they could never occupy Iran and I'm not sure that he would even do a ground invasion. But that doesn't mean he won't start a war built primarily around missiles, bombings, and special ops.

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
There are 1,429,995 active members of the US armed forces right now, and another 818,000 in the Reserves. I have no idea how ya'all got onto this myth that there aren't enough US soldiers for an idiot like Trump to start another war. He could fight with 10% of those numbers. Even if it meant he had to divert forces from Germany or Japan or call up reserves, you don't think he would do that?

I agree that they could never occupy Iran and I'm not sure that he would even do a ground invasion. But that doesn't mean he won't start a war built primarily around missiles, bombings, and special ops.

That seems like a lot, but when you're talking about a sustained deployment it isn't. There are a lot of people who are in administrative or infrastructure related jobs. Then we've got people we have to keep in other threat areas. WE're not pulling any of the 25-35k troops in Korea for Iran. And soldiers can't stay there indefinitely, they have to rotated in and out. And, there are limits to how long you can deploy soldiers. There's a reason the military had to reduce enlistment requirements during the Iraq War. They were hurting for bodies

And, what happens when you start deploying reserves? These are people who are basically part-time military who work full-time jobs. You start touching those assets and it's crazy disruptive to their lives. So, your reserves numbers start dropping off because people only go in the reserves thinking they're going to fight if a WAR happens, not some adventurism bullshyt.

And, just like another poster pointed out, we had maybe 150K max in Iraq, but there was another 100-150K in theater in support roles. And, an Iranian invasion would be much more difficult than Iraq was. Never mind that we'd probably be going it alone.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Invade a country with the perfect location to fight against invasions brehs... they are surrounded by mountains are friendly with Russia and China. European nations are also licking at the chops to do trade with the country.

America I mean Israel is losing their mind brehs.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That seems like a lot, but when you're talking about a sustained deployment it isn't. There are a lot of people who are in administrative or infrastructure related jobs. Then we've got people we have to keep in other threat areas. WE're not pulling any of the 25-35k troops in Korea for Iran. And soldiers can't stay there indefinitely, they have to rotated in and out. And, there are limits to how long you can deploy soldiers. There's a reason the military had to reduce enlistment requirements during the Iraq War. They were hurting for bodies

And, what happens when you start deploying reserves? These are people who are basically part-time military who work full-time jobs. You start touching those assets and it's crazy disruptive to their lives. So, your reserves numbers start dropping off because people only go in the reserves thinking they're going to fight if a WAR happens, not some adventurism bullshyt.

And, just like another poster pointed out, we had maybe 150K max in Iraq, but there was another 100-150K in theater in support roles. And, an Iranian invasion would be much more difficult than Iraq was. Never mind that we'd probably be going it alone.

I didn't say we'd pull any out of Korea, I said Japan/Germany. :ufdup:

And you're primarily talking about the foresight to imagine what the arena will look like 4-5 years down the road, future recruitment, impact on families, etc.

Lil' Bush didn't think about that shyt in 2003 (when we went all-out against Iraq despite having a far bigger commitment in Afghanistan than we have anywhere right now), and you think that Trump of all people is going to have such far-sighted thinking in 2018? :bryan: