The Underappreciated Genius Of K-Rino's Song Deprogrammed

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is exactly what he's done though...purposely...even Face said so...he had a direct pipeline to rap-a-lot and other indie-majors all throughout the 90's and opted instead to create his own label and learned how to press up and distribute his own discs via a label he owns 100% of...not everybody is comfortable with working UNDER others or at the discretion of others...there are some that prefer to be their own boss...he's fed, clothed & housed himself solely off of his own raps and own label without any logistical, promotional or financial support from the cac run hip-hop industry for the past 22 years or without having to attempt to latch onto big names in the industry to gain noteriety ...and has maintained consistent, high quality music and artistic integrity as far as content...whether he allowed and/or lobbied for his music to be promoted/distributed via cac outlets (which would've enhanced his mainstream profile) or not...the quality has remained...i refuse to acknowledge that a cac-run industry not putting their stamp on his music somehow denotes that it isn't high quality...which seems to be your POV... and some of the so-called "greats" you named in your posts above would never have been able to do what Rino's done in his career without the logistical, promotional & financial handout they were given via the cac-run industry...from the cac-run media, to the cac-run labels all the way to the prodominately cac hip-hop consumer....also, your measure of "success" & "quality" is all skewed up...particularly as it pertains to K-Rino's sub-genre of hip-hop.

Yes, this is factual, there's a HUGE difference between being forced to and choosing to, if he chose to sellout who knows what would have happened, but that's not what he wanted to do at all. It was against his faith and his natural state. And he was right not to, he's more truly loved for it, though his fame might not be as big as it could have been, he is still very well known, millions of views isn't a joke, mad shows all over the world isn't a joke after 30 years in the game, that longevity is to be aspired to, K-Rino is still in demand, for a pioneer and legend that is superb, there's many 80's artists who aren't anywhere near as popping as him with all due respect to them. He has numerous fans on me other than here too or we wouldn't be having this discussion and this wouldn't have done 80 plus pages on iphones if it was just me. K-Rino embodies many of the elements of Hip Hop, including but not limiting to street entrepreneurialism, he can even beatbox lol. You're right, if K-Rino was pushed by them corporations/corplantations he would be in everyone's top 5, even without that many consider him the GOAT or amongst them which is remarkable. People better do the knowledge. Exactly, some are trying to equate who sold out the most with quality, there were plenty of slavemasters who were rich too, does that mean just cause they were they should be on the greatest human beings of all time list? Or there weren't people much poorer that were greater human beings?

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like them to be duly compensated for their talent and effort there's a difference.....

If you don't think artist you like should get paid then I don't know what to tell you...

It all makes sense now......:ohhh:

K-Rino is not vastly, superior to KRS, Slick Rick and BDK though

Never mind the GodMC Rakim Allah

Course an artist should get paid, that doesn't mean it makes them have quality music based on their bank balance though.

I didn't say he was vastly superior to them , no-one is vastly superior to people like KRS cause they are amongst the best and elite level mc's ever.

This beat is dope to me, don't see why you dislike it personally...

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ok fukk it I give in, post his top two songs, let me give this guy a go

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is hope afterall :ohhh:

I don't know what you mean, KRS-One is 1 of my favourite MC's, my favourite character in Hip Hop ever, the person I'd say is the best example of a walking embodiment of Hip Hop and an all time legend, not just in Hip Hop but in general. I love KRS, and I also have spoken about KRS countless times on here too, the thing is people chose to troll about K-Rino because as he's more underground it seems to them like an easy target they can get away with. As I always say, if you look at the actual threads I've made they are some of the most diverse on the board.

On topic, K-Rino ALSO rates KRS-One hugely, and they have met too. He even has an album cover where he's wearing a KRS-One shirt, even worked with Wise Intelligent from PRT who is in the Temple Of Hip Hop on very good terms with KRS despite any past animosity which they squashed a long time ago anyway.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To people asking about tracks, I made a list of some of MY personal favourites in this thread, you can't sum up an artist of K-Rino's quality and quantity in 2 songs, he also has MAD different styles, just hear the first 3 of these for some of his early work....

Step Into The Mind
Danger Zone
Verbal Executioner
Raise Up
Drownin In Blood
Street Life
H.O.E (Heaven On Earth)
Doin Bad
Life And Death
Problems
Ups And Downs
You Never Know
Respect
Amnesia
What You Gonna Do
Holla At Me
Too Far
The World
Didn't Ask
Soul Merchants
The Plan
Fall Down
Alien Baby
Don't Leave Me
Let It Burn
Be Careful
Rain & Wind
Spiral Vortex
Don't Stop
Welcome To The Circus
From The Sky
Imperfect
Obstacles
I Just Wanna Know
No Stress
Struggle Addiction
Antagonistic Radio
Nobody
Zero Gravity
Transformation
The Non Conformist
Deprogrammed
Longevity
The Session
Play It
Let It Be Known
Take Yo Mind
Tired
Street Corner Flows
You Ain't Real
Kill Em
Witness

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok fukk it I give in, post his top two songs, let me give this guy a go

It's an impossible question, but these are 2 from 95 and 93 respectively.

Arguably simpler tracks...

It depends what you like really as to what people feel are his best tracks, you can ask 100 people and get vastly different answers because he has so many classic and GREAT songs.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At 7.39 in this brother Peter Bailey discusses some of the things Malcolm X taught him which is similar to some of the content in this K-Rino song...

Check this out @PlutoEighth

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
too many to name, but ill give you 2 that most hip hop heads could prolly feel, including the K trolls

Both songs are hard. Flow on The Non Conformist is hard, becoming 1 of my favourite songs.

"I know he's serving his purpose so I keep my game tight
If the devil's mad at me that means I'm doing things right"

Whole thing is potent, and hard... truly hard, not pseudo hard...

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
What is it that you like so much about it ? Are you from Houston ?
Ar_Zno_Ec_CMAE2_IJx_png_large.png

Name any successful rappers who've been inspired or have been seen as the next K-Rino ?

He just seems like an amateur in comparison to other rappers.... nothing really "wows" you
about him. Not his storytelling, not his flow, not his metaphors, not his punchlines and certainly
not his piss poor production even his "message" has been done by others better

Farting along for 30 years in relative obscurity with no progression whatsoever - just reeks of
complacency and sheer laziness.

This is just sad breh
Ard_Twq_MCAAAc_F1_png_large.png

SLOW IT DOWN HE JUST DISSED U

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not even reading the other troll thread @Tall Israeli , but if you would like to explain to me your comparison with the Lil Wayne song you may do it here and I may reply...