The United States Military Academy at West Point selects its first Black Woman as First Captain

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Source blog: http://www.lelavictoria.com/the-uni...selects-its-first-black-female-first-captain/

History has officially been made and I am so excited about the fact that my undergrad (Alma Mater) has selected a Black Woman ( for the first time ) as the First Captain for the 2017-2018 school year “Simone Askew of Fairfax, Virginia”

For those of you who do not know, I am a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point and a member of the Class of 2012. Also if you have never heard of West Point please hit up your local search engine.

West Point was established 215 years ago, in 1802 with females being admitted in 1976 and the first black female graduates earning the title of West Point graduate in 1980 ( Pat Walker Locke and Joy Dallas). The First Captain is the highest ranking cadet at West Point and a position that is highly respected.

My mentor Moni called me to give me the exciting news. I literally hopped up to dance and twerk a bit. That’s how I celebrate in all of my Black Girl Magic Essence. The news was shocking and uplifting all at the same time. When my sisters WIN we all win.

The West Point student body population consists mainly of white males so having a black female as first captain is definitely a big deal. I’m interested in how the student body aka Corps of Cadets will respond to the selection. I’m definitely going to make it my buisiness to call out any negativity that I see.

It’s amazing to see how far society and West Point has evolved and it warms my heart dearly to know that a Phenomenal Black Woman has literally made it to the top with the help of those awesome women who have paved the way. Such as the first black woman to hold the position of Cadet Sergeant Major ” Emily Perez”

Young black women can now be inspired by Simone’s success and this will definitely inspire more women of color to possibly attend the academy.

Congratulations Simone Askew you have made the Black Female West Point Alumni and current cadet’s so proud. Good luck leading the Corps of Cadets

Oh and one more thing

It’s about darn TIME we had a Black Woman leading from the front. I hope West Point is ready for the Black Girl Magic that is about to be bestowed upon the institution.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
ain't nobody leading nothing :mjlol: white people give the orders. the military is nothing to be proud about in this country. it's used to rape, murder and infest the world with white supremacy.
i'm still trying to figure out what the fukk "black girl magic" is. some stupid hashtag/phrase. just sounds hella corny/disrespectful. As if people are surprised that black females can do shyt. Low expectations for black people i guess.

congrats to her for supporting the terrorist organization called the DoD.

Last edited:

fairfax12

Pro
Daps
ain't nobody leading nothing :mjlol: white people give the orders. the military is nothing to be proud about in this country. it's used to rape, murder and infest the world with white supremacy.
i'm still trying to figure out what the fukk "black girl magic" is. some stupid hashtag/phrase. just sounds hella corny/disrespectful. As if people are surprised that black females can do shyt. Low expectations for black people i guess.

congrats to her for supporting the terrorist organization called the DoD.
After all this talk I hope I don't see you posting about "Kingz and Queenz" on Coli in the future.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Good for her. #blackexcellence

(please don't marry a cac)
You know the reasons she is even got to this position is because she is either a wench or on that All lives matter type shyt.... I doubt she cares about the system of White supremacy :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You know the reasons she is even got to this position is because she is either a wench or on that All lives matter type shyt.... I doubt she cares about the system of White supremacy :francis:

I'll give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Gotta stop assuming the worst when it comes to our people like cacs do.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
So fuxing what

No wise black women would aspire to go die in the wars of the white man or assist him in the death and destruction of others globally.
Do you have any family that served or currently serves in the military?
% of Blacks in the military is higher than the % of Blacks in America, so chances are that you do.