The United States should consider reparations to AA descendants of slavery, a UN Work Group Says

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Frankly it doesnt have to me monetary. there should be for cats who want to cash ot but I would rather have access to free education. Something that will continue to give back. Or even grants set aside for entrepreneurs.Something that will help the black infastructure rather than a few thousand

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ive always wondered, how will this work? Where will the money come from? What is the amount?

Each company that was responsible and profited from slavery should give an equivalent of 1 billion dollars and it should be collected into a fund and distributed to all the direct descendants of slaves & people still living...

There's at least 100 fortune 500 companies that are super rich that should foot the bill... :birdman:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
IMO, that would be a waste of time too.

The only way reparations would have their desired effect is by making it work towards things that are known to build generational wealth and prosperity.

I'm talking about 1. Education and 2. Family

So offer a free college education to any black student who graduates high-school.
Offer massive tax incentives / credits to two-parent black households.
That kind of shyt.

To just give black people a bunch of money would waste everyone's time. But if you can use those funds to incentivize behavior along lines of excellence in a life that affords black people a greater scope... well now we're talking.
I agree with this here. Most youth in the urban communities want a higher education, but don't have the money to do so. Also, not everyone can get a scholarship. So, like you said, let the reparations go to things that can benefit the Black community (school, jobs, living/family life)

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
ill take student loan forgiveness , a home loan(0% interest for the first few years, below prime rate for the remaining duration), and a tax break.
There is student loan forgiveness through public service jobs (they'll forgive your federal student loans) and the health service corps will eliminate private or govt loans. There are caps though.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Each company that was responsible and profited from slavery should give an equivalent of 1 billion dollars and it should be collected into a fund and distributed to all the direct descendants of slaves & people still living...

There's at least 100 fortune 500 companies that are super rich that should foot the bill... :birdman:
1. Much higher than 1 billion
2. You don't need to go find direct slave descendants, just anyone black living in the US, the shadow of slavery affects all black people living in the US. Put it to you this way, you could drop an alien from Mars in Idaho and as long as he is brown, he would suffer from white supremacy, that exists as a direct result of slavery.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Frankly it doesnt have to me monetary. there should be for cats who want to cash ot but I would rather have access to free education. Something that will continue to give back. Or even grants set aside for entrepreneurs.Something that will help the black infastructure rather than a few thousand

That's how I look at it as well. I don't think it should come in the form of money cause it can easily go back to white hands. If the white establishment will forever benefit from slavery, then Black folks should forever benefit from reparations.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
There are alot more responsible black people than you give credit, who will try to use that extra boost to get ahead, and even if some do blow that money on pointless shyt it helps the economy so it's a win for them anyways.

My point is, even if they gave every one of us say... 100k, and even if most of us spent that money responsibly, it still wouldn't have the effect that we'd reap from several generations of educated brothers and sisters.

Any conversation about reparations HAS to start with educational stipends, period.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
These crackers would nuke the country before they give black people reparations. There would be another civil war before reparations is given. If reparations were given it should be giving us 2-4 states/territory and financial support for 30-40 years until we can be self sufficient.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Pipe dreams. Companies barely want to pay for people facing racism, at the job, right now. Oh, the legal gymnastics to will occur.

How about our reparations for the Jim Crow era of paying the same taxes as white ppl, but, being kept away from most establishments u der the threat of death.

But, stuff like this is what will keep this from happening. That rabbit holes goes deep.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My point is, even if they gave every one of us say... 100k, and even if most of us spent that money responsibly, it still wouldn't have the effect that we'd reap from several generations of educated brothers and sisters.

Any conversation about reparations HAS to start with educational stipends, period.
I feel you.

My point was that just because white people don't think we could be responsible with the money they owe us doesn't change that fact that they DO owe us something, and nothing they say will change that.

I cant just tell someone I'm not gonna pay them the money I owe because I don't like what they MIGHT do with it.