The US embassy has issued a warning to Americans of African descent traveling to the Dominican Republic !

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

Alert: Ongoing Dominican Migration Enforcement

This message is to advise U.S. citizens that in recent months travelers to the Dominican Republic have reported being delayed, detained, or subject to
do.usembassy.gov

Alert: Ongoing Dominican Migration Enforcement​

Home | News & Events | Alert: Ongoing Dominican Migration Enforcement

This message is to advise U.S. citizens that in recent months travelers to the Dominican Republic have reported being delayed, detained, or subject to heightened questioning at ports of entry and in other encounters with immigration officials based on their skin color. Reports of disparate treatment of U.S. citizens by Dominican authorities are a matter of ongoing concern to the U.S. Embassy.
In addition, in recent days, as reported in Dominican media, Dominican Migration (DGM) agents have conducted widespread operations aimed at detaining those they believe to be undocumented migrants, especially persons of Haitian descent. In some cases, authorities have not respected these individuals’ legal status in the Dominican Republic or nationality. These actions may lead to increased interaction with Dominican authorities, especially for darker skinned U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens of African descent. There are reports that detainees are kept in overcrowded detention centers, without the ability to challenge their detention, and without access to food or restroom facilities, sometimes for days at a time, before being released or deported to Haiti.
Please report any such incidents immediately to the Embassy emergency number (809) 567-7775 and to the Defensor del Pueblo at (809) 381-7777.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to:
  • Carry your passport with you.
  • Carry a charged cell phone and notify the Embassy immediately if you need assistance.
Assistance:
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo, Av. República de Colombia 57, Santo Domingo

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
DLJyglKW4AA4i1B.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Seems like a bad idea keeping your passport on you day-2-day in a 3rd world country. One pick pocket session and your life is wrecked for months. :picard:

I always do when I travel under the waist, they'd have to kill me to get it :yeshrug:

I stayed in a hotel before where the safe was broken with my belongings and only took hotel like 10 min to get it open ever since then nah