The Warriors The Only Team That Went To Five Straight Finals In The Modern Era

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
the problem with this logic is that it was solid scouting on their part but you also have to have been a bad team for a long time to have enough high level picks to keep moving pieces around and get lucky enough to have your main guys hurt all the dang time when you had a semi decent team(bogut/david lee). to the point where when you did draft some good ballers. you add them to the current crop and move a piece or two around and bam yall ready to rock. what is super hard to do is to win championships then Reboot your team with a lot of different faces and do it again a few years later. basically what the lakers did with kobe and gasol post kobe and shaq, and what they attempted to do "thanks Stern" with cp3, dwight, kobe, then got turned down by some nonsense and still tried to get nash who was just an allstar the year prior. That takes some serious wheeling and dealing to do that. i havent seen gstate wheel and deal much at all. they have drafted well with the 3 ballers, thats about it. kd came on his own wanting to hop on the bandwagon like an aging vet. who knew. lol

To be honest start looking around the nba. most of these teams that use to SuCK now are balling (gstate, philly, Bucks, raptors) these teams are not wheeling and dealing to put their balling teams together. nope. they just sucked for very long stretches and/or had enough injuries to keep them sucking even with good players to the point where they could keep drafting high, over and over and over again until FINALLY. bam, we got our super star or two. as much as i hate houston, houston brought in Cp3, harden, had ariza, eric g, tucker, etc. that takes real front office work.

its much easier to be really bad for a long time and try to scout decently when you get high picks and hopefully you get lucky with a low pick option to boot.

this is why when people call them the gold standard they shouldnt be. gstate has not shown they know how to wheel and deal at all. they drafted well after sucking for awhile. you give any team that same scenario assuming they dont have an idiot cheapskape for an owner like sterling use to be with the clippers. you should end up with a championship CALIBER team. if not, your FO SUCKS.

Portland has caught a bad wrap since sam bowie. bowie was a monster in college they didnt know he was prone to injuries, then it happened again and again with other high picks for them. they cant control that at all. pure fluke situations. but they have an issue with not knowing when to let solid players go to try to make moves to get better players. like right now. they are going to hang with dame and cj too long. you watch. knowing good and well they can't win a ring like that. one of those dudes need to play 5 times better on the defensive end to pull it off.
I mean them drafting well, getting the right role players, and major moves in FA are why they are the golden standard + their ability to keep these players and hire the right people.

They got Iggy in '13 FA, KD in '16 FA, DeMarcus in '18 FA

Even if they not trading to make it happen

Robbo

All Star
Daps
the problem with this logic is that it was solid scouting on their part but you also have to have been a bad team for a long time to have enough high level picks to keep moving pieces around and get lucky enough to have your main guys hurt all the dang time when you had a semi decent team(bogut/david lee). to the point where when you did draft some good ballers. you add them to the current crop and move a piece or two around and bam yall ready to rock. what is super hard to do is to win championships then Reboot your team with a lot of different faces and do it again a few years later. basically what the lakers did with kobe and gasol post kobe and shaq, and what they attempted to do "thanks Stern" with cp3, dwight, kobe, then got turned down by some nonsense and still tried to get nash who was just an allstar the year prior. That takes some serious wheeling and dealing to do that. i havent seen gstate wheel and deal much at all. they have drafted well with the 3 ballers, thats about it. kd came on his own wanting to hop on the bandwagon like an aging vet. who knew. lol

The crazy part really is that the Warriors were so bad for a long time, yet they never drafted well enough to become elite. Even in this era, they weren't drafting in the top 5. Nobody thought Klay would be as good as he is, especially defensively. Draymond dropped to the 2nd round. On top of that, the team had the balls to trade a fan favorite in Monta. And as much as Warrior fans stressed over Steph's ankles, they made it so the Warriors could get superstar production at a lower price, to be able to build the team, and eventually sign KD.

They had the right ownership group to make it happen, but there was some luck involved too.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
i give the FO a little credit for having a solid eye for talent and not just having a bunch of first round picks to do the work for you. Buuuuut lets be clear. if you want to be like gstate. you must do one thing well. suck for a very very long time, to accumulate draft picks like crazy. then you must strike during the proper draft and even when you get better you must have one of your main dudes go down every year(bogut, david lee). The smartest boldest thing they ever did was let David lee go when he was on top of his game because they realized he was fools gold. not a lot of FO's ever do that. they are either too loyal to their pick or they keep having faith the talented player will decide to play defense or wake up and a get a jumper one day. and it never happens. and you keep overpaying some guy that doesnt bring all you need him to bring to the table.so, i give gstate's fo props for that and scouting out klay, steph, and draymond. anyone with cash shouldve picked up iggy. only dumb teams passed on him. but the only reason he was even available because dumb philly and their lazy fo with "the process" which really meant, tank and get rid of or let good players go until we draft great players. So sure they get props for that. you gets ZERO credit for durant. the FO had zero do with that. Durant hopped on a winning team. if the lakers with shaq and kobe would've picked up Tracy Mcgrady on some"i almost beat yall but if you can't beat em..join em" nonsense. i would not have given my lakers FO at the time any credit for that.

Any time nowadays these dudes start joining up where we know they have talked privately. the Gm's get no credit. they are there just moving salary around. anyone in the business knows how to do that. call larry c00n up(mr cba know it all) and he will break it down to you.) as smart as pat riley is. i never gave him credit for bosh and bron going to the heat. that was all those 3 dudes making that decision as friends.

lastly, if you want to give gstate's Front office too much credit just take a look at their recent picks. solid guys but nothing to write home about. yeah, i know, they arent getting top picks. not the point. the point is, if you found draymond that deep. you should be able to do it again and again and again. unlessssss, that was partially luck. just the right draft and the right time which i think it was to some degree. good for them. get as many rings as you can before these dudes really age out because once that happens. gstate wont be winning anytime soon. it will be back to the latrell sprewell days.
You tripping my nikka. Joe Lacob ain't Chris Cohan so you make no sense with the Latrell Sprewell talk. As far as draft picks go we've only had two top 7 picks since I've been a basketball fan and they've been Chris Webber, Joe Smith, Antawn Jamison and Steph. Looney was a good pick, Jordan Bell was a good pick even tho we bought it. Nedovic was a flop, Jones may be a flop and Evan's might be a flop. When you pick after 20 it's really hit or miss.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You tripping my nikka. Joe Lacob ain't Chris Cohan so you make no sense with the Latrell Sprewell talk. As far as draft picks go we've only had two top 7 picks since I've been a basketball fan and they've been Chris Webber, Joe Smith, Antawn Jamison and Steph. Looney was a good pick, Jordan Bell was a good pick even tho we bought it. Nedovic was a flop, Jones may be a flop and Evan's might be a flop. When you pick after 20 it's really hit or miss.

what i'm saying is, i dont know how good the gsw fo is. i know they did a darn good job of scouting to get curry, klay, and dray. outside of that. i dont see anything special about that front office. they are not doing anything special at all. they have never had to really do any wheeling and dealing to get players. all of this current crew is via draft minus iggy(who i gave them props for getting but he was only free due to phillies "process" nonsense.) its the same thing with philly, people giving them credit for sucking on purpose and having injury prone players so they can suck even after drafting solid guys. then they can get another solid guy. imagine if fultz was the real deal. that would be 3 dudes ,they got, got hurt and got to suck again so they could get another top pick. and people say stuff like "look at their Front office." look at what? lol. yall aint doing ish. i do give gsw way more props then those clowns for sure.

i'm just saying, for me to really look at your entire front office as some next level stuff. you have to play poker with these other teams as well as draft well when the time comes.

the best FO in the business is still the spurs. dont know how they keep staying relevant. die already. lol. They know how to wheel and deal, and they know how to draft like crazy.

The lakers knew how to wheel and deal and knew how to draft. and truth be told, we can't even speak on the lakers anymore since that cp3 situation. because ever since then, the lakers have been in situations where the entire nba is conspiring against them so they can't make certain moves. you know they afraid of you when other gm's/coaches from other teams start talking about "dont trade him to the lakers.." or "dont let the lakers get the best of you in that deal." thats exactly what happened with this seasons AD trade drama. these fools are forming like old school voltron to try to stop the lakers from making moves. what other team deals with that when they make moves? NON.
The only reason the cp3 deal was nixed was because small market owners cried about it to david stern after the deal was already done with the interim GM the nba put in place. I still remember Greg Pop and other Gm's hot as hell after the kwame and rights to marc gasol was sent to memphis for Pau. again, i have never seen multiple teams crying about one teams moves. It's as if now the lakers are doing deals with multiple teams when they are only supposed to be trading with one team.

The best front offices are the ones that knows how to draft when need be, knows how to pickup the right role guys, and knows how to choose the real SUPER stars over the allstars as superstars. there's a difference. You over pay some guy thats very good vs great and you will be stuck as a 3rd thru 5th seed for the rest of that guys career.
what happens when you draft a baller but he aint the one? but other teams think he is? you may need to flip dude to get who you really need a true superstar/ But this is difficult for FO's to pull off because they are afraid of their fanbases and they are sometimes loyal to a fault.

Tdot did something i never thought they would do. they let one of their stars go. thats how they got rent-a-kawhi. you see the difference instantly. now granted no bron in the east helps.but kawhi aint scared of bron. he beat him before with the spurs. real superstar vs allstar.

You have to know when to hold em and no when to fold em. you do either to quickly or to long and bam your franchise is stuck being just pretty good(denver). ask yourself, how good is murray? he's good. probably allstar good. will he become GREAT? maybe.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy part really is that the Warriors were so bad for a long time, yet they never drafted well enough to become elite. Even in this era, they weren't drafting in the top 5. Nobody thought Klay would be as good as he is, especially defensively. Draymond dropped to the 2nd round. On top of that, the team had the balls to trade a fan favorite in Monta. And as much as Warrior fans stressed over Steph's ankles, they made it so the Warriors could get superstar production at a lower price, to be able to build the team, and eventually sign KD.

They had the right ownership group to make it happen, but there was some luck involved too.
oh i always forget about ellis. thats their second move i gave them props for. you have to no when to hold em and fold em.

david lee allstar caliber player was never going to get you to the finals. why? he played zero defense. and if he ever gets hurt bad enough or starts to age his game will drop like a rock since most of his game was based on his athleticism(i know he could shoot a bit.)

ellis was always inefficient. and me personally, i hate short shooting guards, thats what he was. he was playing pg but he wasnt a good floor general. dont care how many assists he averaged. he was a 6'3 to 6'4 shooting guard. no he was not 6'5 dont care what the listing says.

but gstate realized there was no real future there in those two and they either flipped them or let them walk. thats hard to do. so they get props for that too.

but again, i dont know how good the gsw FO is at actually making moves, via trade. i dont know what they would do if they actually were not winning rings already and people were not just running to them as FA's. like what would they do and who would they choose, if KD wasnt available a few years back and they never won anything? would they be foolish enough to get the wrong guy thats really good but not greaT? we dont know. would they flip draymond for someone else that SEEMS better and kill the chemistry of the team? we dont know. they have never had to make those decisions.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean them drafting well, getting the right role players, and major moves in FA are why they are the golden standard + their ability to keep these players and hire the right people.

They got Iggy in '13 FA, KD in '16 FA, DeMarcus in '18 FA

Even if they not trading to make it happen
they dont get credit for major moves in FA's. KD came on his own. the dubs front office didnt have ish to do with it and you know it. i give more credit to draymond. just like pat riley didnt have ish to do with bron and bosh coming. they just move money around to pay them. you dont get props for that. Buggy being available to them only due to his injury and no one willing to over pay for a big man coming off of Achilles injury. he Chose them because he wanted to get a sneaky ring while he healed up and worked his way back to his superstar self. gsw doesnt get credit for that. I dont give boston props for the Big 3. two buddies doing deals together in ainge and mchale to get KG. they get props for getting ray allen and drafting rondo. but they do get some credit for everything they did after that team was blown up. now at the same time, people tried to tell me how great they were in comparison to the lakers and i'm thinking that big 3 only won ONCE. all that greatness and you only won ONE TIME. the lakers didnt have that big 3 and they went 3 times in a row and won twice. with kobe and gasol.

I need to see GSW have to wheel and deal to trade for and i need to see if they can draft other diamonds in the rough like they did with draymond. or was that a one time fluke?