The Weeknd - House Of Balloons / $15.35 (2 Record Set)

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I've never understood the point of getting something on vinyl that was clearly recorded using all digital equipment

But I also come from the first era of vinyl. Not this new era where people buy a record just to hang it on their wall

So is pointless to buy anything besides classic rock and soul on vinyl?

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I've never understood the point of getting something on vinyl that was clearly recorded using all digital equipment

But I also come from the first era of vinyl. Not this new era where people buy a record just to hang it on their wall

:patrice:To be fair, some albums are purposely reissued on vinyl due to the legitimacy of the album or in some cases the album being out of print during the time. For instance, I just copped "The Mind of Mannie Fresh" since Vinyl Me Please did some reissues of the Cash Money albums. Sure the quality is not on some 70s soul shyt, but it means something to me because that album was low key flames and sadly forgotten when it came out. For the most part, you are correct with folks copping "vinyls" to put on them shytty Crosleys just to ride the hipster bullshyt wave. Meanwhile, real heads will jump on the albums that matter. But on that note, I wish Trilogy was reissued because I'm not paying a thousand for a goddamn Weeknd album:why:

classicmaterial

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
:patrice:To be fair, some albums are purposely reissued on vinyl due to the legitimacy of the album or in some cases the album being out of print during the time.

This I do understand although since vinyl plants aren't the standard anymore it seems like a lot of people don't know what they're doing in pressing vinyl and the quality is shyt. I just bought the Jackson Sisters album as a reissue (the original version is over a thousand on Discogs - although a quick check indicates there is a 1996 re-press too which I didn't know about when I copped the 2018 re-press) and it sounds like absolute shyt. So while I understand buying reissues sometimes it's just better to listen to the CD or mp3

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
This I do understand although since vinyl plants aren't the standard anymore it seems like a lot of people don't know what they're doing in pressing vinyl and the quality is shyt. I just bought the Jackson Sisters album as a reissue (the original version is over a thousand on Discogs - although a quick check indicates there is a 1996 re-press too which I didn't know about when I copped the 2018 re-press) and it sounds like absolute shyt. So while I understand buying reissues sometimes it's just better to listen to the CD or mp3

:francis:On the real, I avoid CDs like the plague due to them just feeling eh and MP3s I just treat like a "to go" thing or a playlist thing. For the most part, if it's not on vinyl, I don't cop. Records are like the closest thing to restoring the feeling. The rush of running to a music store and flipping through albums to find that rare gem or in some cases hidden ones just to see what the world been missing. While the new record presses sound like ass, I would rather have a digital record to embrace, versus a cd that I will skip through tracks:snoop:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My friends and shawties I fukk with who collect vinyls all have trash audio setups too

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
My friends and shawties I fukk with who collect vinyls all have trash audio setups too

Crosleys that they bought from Urban Outfitters?

My parents bought me one of those and it's good for casual listening. But it does have some serious limitations because I played Master of Reality by Black Sabbath and it had trouble projecting all that power.