The White Creator Of AI-Controlled Rapper FN Meka That Repeatedly Uses The N-Word In Lyrics Speaks Out On His Capitol Records-Signed Design

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

The White Creator Of AI-Controlled Rapper FN Meka That Repeatedly Uses The N-Word In Lyrics Speaks Out On His Capitol Records-Signed Design​

By
NowHipHopNews
-
23 August 2022

FN Meka – a musical artist who is powered using artificial intelligence – has been causing a stir online after he nabbed a coveted recording deal with Capitol Records. The rapper has amassed over 10M followers on TikTok, and already collaborated with Gunna on its first single, “Florida Water.”While Meka clearly has an abundance of fans on social media, much of the world has yet to make up its mind as to how they feel about the AI-powered creative.Back in 2021, co-creator Anthony Martini explained to Music Business Worl

dwide in an interview that he and his Factory New partner Brandon Le think that traditional A&R is “inefficient and unreliable.”

“We’ve developed a proprietary AI technology that analyzes certain popular songs of a specified genre and generates recommendations for the various elements of song construction: lyrical content, chords, melody, tempo, sounds, etc.,” he explained last year. “We then combine these elements to create the song.”

At the time, Martini noted that “a human voice performs the vocals, but we are working towards the ability to have a computer come up with and perform its own words – and even collaborate with other computers as ‘co-writers.'”

One of the primary reasons FN Meka is facing so much criticism coincides with the raising number of Black creators venting about the lack of credit they’ve received for their work and the trends inspired by them, as well as the growing number of rappers being criticized for their lyrics both in and out of the courtroom.

Speaking to The Daily Beast in 2021, Martini compared his creation to another popular artist, saying, “You could look at a guy like Marshmello – he’s not real for all intents and purposes either. He could be a digital being too and it wouldn’t make a difference to the fans of the music.”

“We’re trying to blur those lines even more and trying to bring everyone to the future.”

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
It's always amusing when people act surprised about things like this. I wish people could get it through their thick skulls: THE N WORD HAS BECOME A GLOBAL PHENOMENON USED BY PEOPLE OF ALL RACES BECAUSE IT WAS GLAMORIZED IN RAP MUSIC FOR THE PAST 30 OR SO YEARS.

As a result, kids in some town in Denmark likely use it with their friends because it's "cool". Asians, Latinos, whoever use it amongst themselves and around their accepting black friends because they've been given "permission" by the "culture". These same people, of course, wouldn't really go for it if people "term of endearment"ed their slurs.

But hey, black people are the coolest, and we set the trends so just sit back, relax and accept it because it's not going away.

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
6fd3975cdcee6d90983cf94bb5f537c4.gif

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
are you cool/ok with cacs or mexicans calling you a “nigga” ?
Where did I say anything in my post about being cool with it? I simply stated facts. Facts that a lot of people apparently have difficulty coming to terms with. But to answer your question, I don't like the use of the n word by anyone. However, I recognize that the door's been bust wide open and so here we are.

Only way other cultures stop using it is if black people as a group stop using it, and make it taboo to use like it was at one point.

Since I don't see that happening, like I said, sit back relax and accept it because whining about "waaah Mexicans use it, waaaah Asians are using it" isn't going to change a damn thing.

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
Where did I say anything in my post about being cool with it? I simply stated facts. Facts that a lot of people apparently have difficulty coming to terms with. But to answer your question, I don't like the use of the n word by anyone. However, I recognize that the door's been bust wide open and so here we are.
you sound very defensive over a simple question.

and thanks for answering that you would have a problem with a cac or mexican calling you a nigga

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Its a sick parody but was always going to be the end game, cut the black artist out.

Listen to the music this thing makes and tell me you know its not even real. Easily passes as to what we're listening to today. Loads of gibberish and poor rapping over ‘hot' beats.

This shyt is like Bamboozled x 1000

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
It's always amusing when people act surprised about things like this. I wish people could get it through their thick skulls: THE N WORD HAS BECOME A GLOBAL PHENOMENON USED BY PEOPLE OF ALL RACES BECAUSE IT WAS GLAMORIZED IN RAP MUSIC FOR THE PAST 30 OR SO YEARS.

As a result, kids in some town in Denmark likely use it with their friends because it's "cool". Asians, Latinos, whoever use it amongst themselves and around their accepting black friends because they've been given "permission" by the "culture". These same people, of course, wouldn't really go for it if people "term of endearment"ed their slurs.

But hey, black people are the coolest, and we set the trends so just sit back, relax and accept it because it's not going away.
This is something that is our fault and it’s too late to turn back 🤷🏾‍♀️

And the sad thing as upset as we may be, we have no actual control so we can’t stop/change this. I had the weird experience of seeing a sea of whites saying the “n word” at rap concerts and I was so bothered…but the men on stage weren’t bothered by a thing, so what I thought certainly didn’t matter.

It is what it is at this point. The elders tried to stop this mess back in the day when hiphop was getting more popular/powerful and the young people back then (Gen X ?) didn’t get it.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps

If only we had power and real assets to go along with that toxic coolness promoted by jooz.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
I seriously want to punch this cracker in his fukking face for this. He created an AI rapping robot that says the word "nikka". He yet another Silicon valley white supremacist. Him and his creation can eat shyt honestly.
:camby:
He did it because he can. And he’ll get paid handsomely for it. Nothing we can do.

Checkmate.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
:manny: U see how he got a co signed from a rapper..typical move because he now knows gunna fan base and even other nikkas will think this is cute and something to jump onto….

Probably see a Megan the stallion collab with her twerkin on that AI

Let a black man create something similar and rappers will want that nikka head

White people know how to get in and pocket off of nikkas and take that money for their own community and children education