The Wire Season 4 (Discussion)

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
I'm a "Breaking Bad" stan but season 4 of "The Wire" is arguably the best season of any show, ever.

Fred.

season 4 is the goat season of any tv show

season 4 is the best out of the 5, filled with so much tragedy, so many scenes hit me :to:

add me to the list of ppl who say that not only is season4 BY FAR the wire's best season, but i tell any1 who watches tvshows that season4 ranks as the BEST SINGLE SEASON IN TELEVISION DRAMA PERIOD!! that season for all the reasons ppl mentioned already had the most deepest rooted emotional drama that relates to exactly how the street level game works on these kids from an adolescant age. that scene where Chris just snaps on bugs pops, made me really like Chris's character a lot more. it was the first time u see dude react in an emotional manner, shredding his almost terminator-like demeanor he has throughout the season. i became really intrigued by his character alot after that moment.

also the scene early on in season 4, where they try the high school kids and realize quickly "their already lost, their too far gone", so they had to move into the younger school systems. just a powerful powerful season.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6

The mayor getting head was season 4 :ufdup:

Really? I thought Season 3 was about the politics of Baltimore. The white dude that was the CIA agent in The Dark Knight Rises was running for mayor and had that big tittied funny face bytch that McNulty was :noah: over? The mayor getting head wasn't a part of that season? Damn, my bad. Thanks for clarifying.

Sherm22

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm re-watching season 4 now. Damn Randy stay dropping more names than the phone book. Even Cutty shook his head when he saw Randy snitch about the graffiti. This kid will snitch on anybody. :pacspit:

So far it's a toss up on this and season 3 for which is the best. What y'all think?

In my opinion season four is by far the best Season nobody appreciates the kids perspective about the streets of bmore :salute:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of me and my boy's fav scene is when Carver rolls up on Bodie

"Wheres the live Bodie?! Where is the motherfukking love?!"

"Good day Sgt. Carver and a very good day to you Officer Callucio"
"Go fukk yourself with a 40 shytbreath!"

LOL

btw Season 1 was always my fav, season 4 comes 2nd

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I get all the love for 3. But to me, a lot of it just came off as senseless violence. No connection to all those people dying. With 1 and 4 you knew the characters and you felt it when niguhs died. It's very few shows where I'm drawn in the 1st episode. "24" is one of them but it's very few like season 1 of the Wire where you jump right in. No buildup of the story, you just immersed in B-More. 2 wasn't that bad. Especially with Omar on the stand. That was a classic moment.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lucky on my remote i have a 10 seconds fast forward button. everytime the mayor carcetti had a scene i would hit it like 4 times. shyt was pointless and boring

season 4 is the reason why the wire is considered the goat

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
lucky on my remote i have a 10 seconds fast forward button. everytime the mayor carcetti had a scene i would hit it like 4 times. shyt was pointless and boring

season 4 is the reason why the wire is considered the goat

Carcetti and his whole story line showed how there were no true fixes, but only band-aids for the political/school/police system. it seemed like dude really went in with the best intentions, but got hit with road blocks every time he tried to effect actual change.

there were very few characters on the show who didn't adjust their character to fit the situation. Daniels was one of the only ones who was not willing to compromise his character

Daps
The girl getting buck-fifty'd in class was a Top 5 :ooh::damn: moment

That whole season was terrifying...how the "juke the numbers" rhetoric applied to schools and the way that Carcetti basically gave no fukks about actual education reform... yet his platform was based around it :snoop:

The way Bunny Colvin/Wee-Bey convo flowed into the Wee-Bey/his BM's convo was brilliant...

The absolution of Prezbylewski's racial conditioning...

The Carver/Randy scene at the halfway house...

Michael becoming a low-life...

Dookie's spirit getting crushed by his environment...

The whole season was :why::to:

Season 5 was definitely weak, but topping 4 is kinda impossible

Michael becoming a low life? :why:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Even though Randy was a snitch, that scene with him and Carver at the halfway house was soul crushing. When Carver got back to his car and was bashing in the steering wheel -- whew. That was some deep shyt. And Dookie man, that was fukked up watching him crumble.

HERC fukked up big time. He screwed Bubs and Randy.
Watching Season 4 again noq..

Hate that imbecile Herc :pacspit:

Dude is the stereotypical modern dat shytbag cop..

Wants the badge so he can just "bust heads"..fukk doing actual policework.

Knucklehdz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished season 4 again. For the first I was actually interested in Bubs character. Sad seeing him at the police station.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Season 4 is the best season of television drama ever created. Or least of anything I have seen.

4, 3, 1, 2, 5

Seasons 1 and 3 are close in quality. S3 had this scene, which had me going:

giphy.gif

"He's telling him!!"