The Xbox Series X/S Official Thread

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
If anyone has issues with the controller, I found a fix.

Instead of hitting the Xbox-logo button on your controller and turning it "off", you have to hold down the Xbox button on the console itself.

Turning it off with your controller means that it'll reboot instantly to the store/home page. If you hold down the button for a few seconds on the console itself...it's not just in rest mode but actually powered down and when you restart....it'll take a few seconds to get back to the home screen instead of being instant.

This seemed to fix the weird controller issues where it would randomly stop connecting and flash for no reason.
had this happen the other day i was shook

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Few questions before I get my system:

does it show on your friends list which console you are playing on?

On gamepass can you stream and download the games?

is the elite controller really worth it? Not sure I need to do all that customization and I read about durability issues

what are the best games to play on gamepass? :mjpls:

what games really showcase da powah so far?

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Few questions before I get my system:

does it show on your friends list which console you are playing on? Not specifically between XBO and up. I think it shows if they're playing a 360 game.

On gamepass can you stream and download the games? Yes. To be more specific, everything is downloaded, but you can play games after they get like 25 to 30 percent and stream the rest in. Xcloud is pure streaming.

is the elite controller really worth it? Not sure I need to do all that customization and I read about durability issues Yes. Especially if you play shooters, or games where using your extra fingers will help. Upped my Destiny game a lot once I got used to them. The adjustable stick tension, hair triggers, all useful. The thumbsticks are replaceable, too, so they only get worn out if you let them. I just paid 99 to get a new one from MS for an out of warranty replacement for stick drift (13 months). 90% sure the one they sent is brand new, it feels solid as hell and better than mine when I bought it new. You're at an advantage, as they are on the 9th revision, so the problems should be worked out by now. They're facing a lawsuit for the stick drift, so they clearly have been working on it, and the farther it goes, the more leverage you'll have dealing with them. They extended the Elite 2's warranty from 90 days to a year.

what are the best games to play on gamepass? :mjpls:Subjective, but, I will say, there is a lot if variety there, and you get all the MS studio drop guaranteed day one. Big 3rd party games are on there here and there, if you're willing to wait. If you do the Brazil scam, or whatever the cheapest option is, assuming the 1 dollar upgrade still works, you can get a ton of Game Pass Ultimate for cheap. Well worth it.

what games really showcase da powah so far?

Destiny 2 (compared to last get and PC), Gears 5, hopefully The Medium in two days. Destiny 2 eats up 90% of my play time, so I might not be the person to answer this. I heat the new Tetris is fire because of this, but I have no idea :manny:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Microsoft can’t afford to not put these Bethesda games on competing platforms

source.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I wonder if Microsoft is going to acquire more studios this year.

Microsoft isn't done buying game studios, CEO Satya Nadella says | PC Gamer

tenor.gif

Satya has already proven that he is better at this ceo shyt than Ballmer was.

Microsoft is well on its way to winning the battle of attrition.

With Game Pass, you instantaneously give access to 18 million people to your game. Outside of GTA and a few others, no game sells more than that. As this number grows, Game Pass is going to be harder to ignore for developers. Just watch when the smart tvs and the dongles come out that provide access. It will explode in popularity even further.

As an aside, 15 billion net profit in a three month span is insane. fukk you money, it is definitely that.