The Year in Wrestling 2024: What do you want to see happen?

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Even if he booked them all well the fans at large aren’t going to care.

Athena and Billie Starkz stuff in ROH (which is mostly watched by AEW fans, I’d assume)
How can you say people won't care? They've NEVER booked the division right as a whole.

And please don't lump ROH in with AEW to try and make a point. You're better than that.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Yeah raiding women from other companies won’t mean shyt when TK still can’t book them properly
Hence why I made Tony Khan one of the things I'd fix about AEW. He's a spoiled child in a candy store that doesn't know what he wants and it reflects poorly with how ADHD his shows are.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
- Okada either goes to AEW or stays with NJPW
- Bron and Melo get call ups and become mainstays (for awhile) fringing between the mid card and main titles
- One of AEW's young guys goes to WWE
- Andrade leaves AEW
- Roman loses the title
- Mustafa Ali goes to NJPW and joins Bullet Club
- MJF resigns with AEW
- TNA signs with a big TV distributor, signs several big names becoming a clear third promotion
- Giulia joins WWE making Stardom vulnerable to the point they start working with AEW and TNA
- AEW's struggles continues until after they sign a new TV deal
- Tony Kahn finally takes a step back and gives booking duties to Danielson, Jacobs, and another name
- NXT Europe is launched with WWE going scorched earth and siging any and every overseas talent thus fccking up the wrestling landscape in those countries
- AEW's women's division finally hits their stride
- AEW adds new PPV's and more house shows to the schedule
- Seth and Becky takes a break from wrestling
- A massive name goes to either WWE, AEW, or TNA
- NWA folds or comes very close to doing so
- Raw goes to FX
- Smackdown moves to Thursday
- NXT makes the attempt to move back to Wednesday
- Mercedes does one match in TNA before going back to WWE in either spring or fall
- A released NXT talent goes to AEW and becomes a big player
- CM Punk will be on his best behavior, but there will be leaks of tension backstage from a situation involving him
- Collision gets moved to Friday, while Rampage gets moved to Saturday afternoon/evening
- Collision and Dynamite will have their own rosters

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
- Okada either goes to AEW or stays with NJPW
- Bron and Melo get call ups and become mainstays (for awhile) fringing between the mid card and main titles
- One of AEW's young guys goes to WWE
- Andrade leaves AEW
- Roman loses the title
- Mustafa Ali goes to NJPW and joins Bullet Club
- MJF resigns with AEW
- TNA signs with a big TV distributor, signs several big names becoming a clear third promotion
- Giulia joins WWE making Stardom vulnerable to the point they start working with AEW and TNA
- AEW's struggles continues until after they sign a new TV deal
- Tony Kahn finally takes a step back and gives booking duties to Danielson, Jacobs, and another name
- NXT Europe is launched with WWE going scorched earth and siging any and every overseas talent thus fccking up the wrestling landscape in those countries
- AEW's women's division finally hits their stride
- AEW adds new PPV's and more house shows to the schedule
- Seth and Becky takes a break from wrestling
- A massive name goes to either WWE, AEW, or TNA
- NWA folds or comes very close to doing so
- Raw goes to FX
- Smackdown moves to Thursday
- NXT makes the attempt to move back to Wednesday
- Mercedes does one match in TNA before going back to WWE in either spring or fall
- A released NXT talent goes to AEW and becomes a big player
- CM Punk will be on his best behavior, but there will be leaks of tension backstage from a situation involving him
- Collision gets moved to Friday, while Rampage gets moved to Saturday afternoon/evening
- Collision and Dynamite will have their own rosters
I assume you mean MJF re-signs with AEW? Because resigns means the opposite of that.

And why do you WANT to see the bolded happen?

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I assume you mean MJF re-signs with AEW? Because resigns means the opposite of that.

And why do you WANT to see the bolded happen?

1. Yes he re-signs with AEW
2. I didn't say that, I see them still struggling in terms of ticket sales, getting themselves out there, and consistent booking. PPV they're good on, but their weekly episodic shows are a different story and what happened this week with not going around Montreal enough in terms of ticket sales for Collision is an example.

They'll get out of the rut they're in, but it's gonna take a while for that to happen which is why I say after they sign the new TV deal

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
1. Yes he re-signs with AEW
2. I didn't say that, I see them still struggling in terms of ticket sales, getting themselves out there, and consistent booking. PPV they're good on, but their weekly episodic shows are a different story and what happened this week with not going around Montreal enough in terms of ticket sales for Collision is an example.

They'll get out of the rut they're in, but it's gonna take a while for that to happen which is why I say after they sign the new TV deal
Yeah but this is the thread for what you WANT, not what you are expecting…

But anyway, I have it on good authority that the media rights deal will be announced January 3rd #CattleBomb

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Can you really fault the women for those ROH tickets not selling? The ROH world champion has lost all his matches in the continental classic so far, your tag champs are two AEW guys with one being hurt, and your tv champ just straight up vacated his title on a AEW show a few weeks ago.
The biggest thing to me is Ring of Honor is a north east/hardcore wrestling fan brand. ROH PPVs should only be in the north east, Chicago, LA or Maybe Atlanta, outside of those areas I would only run TV tapings.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The biggest thing to me is Ring of Honor is a north east/hardcore wrestling fan brand. ROH PPVs should only be in the north east, Chicago, LA or Maybe Atlanta, outside of those areas I would only run TV tapings.
2 of the last 3 PPVs have been in the west, Texas and California specifically, and were 2 of the best selling ROH events in history.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
2 of the last 3 PPVs have been in the west, Texas and California specifically, and were 2 of the best selling ROH events in history.
I get that but were has traditionally ROH had most of its success?

While we're at if they just run Texas why go back so soon? They need to chill and only hit these places once or twice a year.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
A lot of what's been said, I can agree with. Picking other things I'll say...

- AEW needs to refresh the women's division. BADLY! Emu Sakura loses all her matches, comes back a couple weeks later and challenges both champions over the course of a month. WHY? (Joe Budden voice) Raid some indies, fukk over TNA and NWA, get a joshi that has pressence and can work an American audience, get Kamille Brickhouse, Sawyer Rex, SOMEBODY to fill the giant monster role. Because as much as we love looking at booty, the division should be bigger than Storm, Ruby, Willow, Anna, Sky, Julia and Stat.

- Get Rampage a better timeslot. You may have a 2 hour block for Dynamite, but that just means you have about an hour and a half of content. Rampage could supplement that time but starting the show at 10pm eastern is dumb as fukk. 88/100 times it's skippable or doesn't move stories forward. AEW need to pick if ppvs are on Sunday or Saturday because Rampage needs to be an improved version Sunday Night Heat to give the roster space to breathe and time for lower card wrestlers to get some shine and develop. Because "AEW Trios Matches" the show needs to die.

- Less matches having 2-4 minutes dedicated to trading chops and elbows. It happens EVERY. OTHER. MATCH. Mox, Rush, Bryan, Eddie, Pentagon, etc.

- Focus on building divisions around these titles. Christian is the TNT Champion but nothing about his feud with Darby or Adam has anything to do with the belt. Take away the belt and the feud still exists. On the other side with the IT Title, Orange was just having matches till the wheels fell off. I got no problem with him being a wrestling champion. But it was still just random matches that had OC in them. Where's the drama? There's no drama in asking if OC is gonna lose to Butcher, Sydal, Romero or Archer. Yeah, he's gonna win those matches. Then you move to the Mox situation and things fall apart due to a real injury and now everything is just.....meh. I know you can't predict injuries but that was months ago and the IT Title still hasn't recovered. It's a is symptom of a bigger problem in AEW. No structure in the ranks.

- Tony Khan letting someone else book the shows. He can't remain focused.

- Jungle Boy being fired for being the biggest fukk up in AEW. "...cry me a river" will forever be his "...that'll put butts in the seats" moment. Only Jack is nowhere near the legend Schiavone is and he pushed the hottest wrestling product OUT of the company. Just cut your losses on him.

I may have a few smaller ones later.

Bring in Giulia or Megan Bayne as the final member of the Don Callis Family.