The Year in Wrestling 2024: What do you want to see happen?

Batter Up

I'm the first to swing
Daps
Another year of Gunther putting on old-school wrestling clinics further restoring the IC title to it's former glory
Rollins dropping the title at the Rumble and returning to upper mid-card gatekeeper
A Tony Khan on-screen heel run, but I'll settle for more unhinged twitter rants and press conference fukkery
Better creative and more mature angles and segments for Bianca Belair
Swerve AEW title run seems like a no-brainer
Nation of Domination, Sycho Sid, and Midnight Express in the HOF

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
- Sheamus beating Gunther at WM for the IC title, Sheamus later drops it to Bron Breakker

- Cody Rhodes wins the RR again, chooses the rematch with Roman Reigns and becomes exclusive to SD. The feud between Cody and Roman has alot more physicality between the two than last year. Cody beats Roman at WM for the Undisputed title, Randy Orton turns heel in the summer and feuds with Cody with them trading the title a few times.

- LA Knight beats Logal Paul at WM for the US title and then drops it to Grayson Waller at Summerslam.

- CM Punk beats Seth Rollins at WM for the WHC, Gunther later beats Punk for the belt at the August event in Germany. Vinci and Kaiser, still with Gunther, win the tag titles that same right. Imagine the final shot of the event being Imperium dripping in gold in Berlin, Germany.

- Sasha Banks and Mandy Rose return to WWE

- No world title reigns for Charlotte

Whooty Chaser

#PAWGSET
Daps
Roman Reigns face turn :obama:

Austin Theory face turn :ehh:

Bianca Belair heel turn :demonic:

Paul Heyman gets a new Heyman Guy, preferably Bron Breakker :boss:

Odyssey Jones actually appearing on TV :skip:

Nikkita Lyons, Chelsea Green, Rhea Thickley, Thea Hail, Jacy Jayne, and Gigi Dolin nudes leak online :noah:

Nattie has a wardrode malfunction exposing them big ole t*ts with the nipples showing :whew:

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
- No world title reigns for Charlotte

chapelle-charlie-murphy.gif

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
A lot of what's been said, I can agree with. Picking other things I'll say...

- AEW needs to refresh the women's division. BADLY! Emu Sakura loses all her matches, comes back a couple weeks later and challenges both champions over the course of a month. WHY? (Joe Budden voice) Raid some indies, fukk over TNA and NWA, get a joshi that has pressence and can work an American audience, get Kamille Brickhouse, Sawyer Rex, SOMEBODY to fill the giant monster role. Because as much as we love looking at booty, the division should be bigger than Storm, Ruby, Willow, Anna, Sky, Julia and Stat.

- Get Rampage a better timeslot. You may have a 2 hour block for Dynamite, but that just means you have about an hour and a half of content. Rampage could supplement that time but starting the show at 10pm eastern is dumb as fukk. 88/100 times it's skippable or doesn't move stories forward. AEW need to pick if ppvs are on Sunday or Saturday because Rampage needs to be an improved version Sunday Night Heat to give the roster space to breathe and time for lower card wrestlers to get some shine and develop. Because "AEW Trios Matches" the show needs to die.

- Less matches having 2-4 minutes dedicated to trading chops and elbows. It happens EVERY. OTHER. MATCH. Mox, Rush, Bryan, Eddie, Pentagon, etc.

- Focus on building divisions around these titles. Christian is the TNT Champion but nothing about his feud with Darby or Adam has anything to do with the belt. Take away the belt and the feud still exists. On the other side with the IT Title, Orange was just having matches till the wheels fell off. I got no problem with him being a wrestling champion. But it was still just random matches that had OC in them. Where's the drama? There's no drama in asking if OC is gonna lose to Butcher, Sydal, Romero or Archer. Yeah, he's gonna win those matches. Then you move to the Mox situation and things fall apart due to a real injury and now everything is just.....meh. I know you can't predict injuries but that was months ago and the IT Title still hasn't recovered. It's a is symptom of a bigger problem in AEW. No structure in the ranks.

- Tony Khan letting someone else book the shows. He can't remain focused.

- Jungle Boy being fired for being the biggest fukk up in AEW. "...cry me a river" will forever be his "...that'll put butts in the seats" moment. Only Jack is nowhere near the legend Schiavone is and he pushed the hottest wrestling product OUT of the company. Just cut your losses on him.

I may have a few smaller ones later.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

- AEW needs to refresh the women's division. BADLY! Emu Sakura loses all her matches, comes back a couple weeks later and challenges both champions over the course of a month. WHY? (Joe Budden voice) Raid some indies, fukk over TNA and NWA, get a joshi that has pressence and can work an American audience, get Kamille Brickhouse, Sawyer Rex, SOMEBODY to fill the giant monster role. Because as much as we love looking at booty, the division should be bigger than Storm, Ruby, Willow, Anna, Sky, Julia and Stat.

- Get Rampage a better timeslot. You may have a 2 hour block for Dynamite, but that just means you have about an hour and a half of content. Rampage could supplement that time but starting the show at 10pm eastern is dumb as fukk. 88/100 times it's skippable or doesn't move stories forward. AEW need to pick if ppvs are on Sunday or Saturday because Rampage needs to be an improved version Sunday Night Heat to give the roster space to breathe and time for lower card wrestlers to get some shine and develop. Because "AEW Trios Matches" the show needs to die.

- Less matches having 2-4 minutes dedicated to trading chops and elbows. It happens EVERY. OTHER. MATCH. Mox, Rush, Bryan, Eddie, Pentagon, etc.

- Focus on building divisions around these titles. Christian is the TNT Champion but nothing about his feud with Darby or Adam has anything to do with the belt. Take away the belt and the feud still exists. On the other side with the IT Title, Orange was just having matches till the wheels fell off. I got no problem with him being a wrestling champion. But it was still just random matches that had OC in them. Where's the drama? There's no drama in asking if OC is gonna lose to Butcher, Sydal, Romero or Archer. Yeah, he's gonna win those matches. Then you move to the Mox situation and things fall apart due to a real injury and now everything is just.....meh. I know you can't predict injuries but that was months ago and the IT Title still hasn't recovered. It's a is symptom of a bigger problem in AEW. No structure in the ranks.

- Jungle Boy being fired for being the biggest fukk up in AEW. "...cry me a river" will forever be his "...that'll put butts in the seats" moment. Only Jack is nowhere near the legend Schiavone is and he pushed the hottest wrestling product OUT of the company. Just cut your losses on him.

Megan Bayne will be the giant monster role for AEW. They’ve had her on excursion in Stardom and her visa apparently expires this month so she could be in AEW pretty soon.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Swerve AEW title run

Trick Williams NXT title run

Gunther WHC title run

Grayson Waller US title run

Randy vs Cody blood feud

Ospreay vs Danielson

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The thing is..Seth is holding a fake belt while the old Bret Hart gimmick pre WM 9. Fighting all challengers...all that shyt. It's silly.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps

Yeah raiding women from other companies won’t mean shyt when TK still can’t book them properly

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Yeah raiding women from other companies won’t mean shyt when TK still can’t book them properly
Even if he booked them all well the fans at large aren’t going to care.

Toni Storm stuff getting praise even from AEW critics. Julia Hart’s stuff is very well liked. And what quarters lose chunks of viewers every time? Yet the quarter hours featuring them hemorrhage viewers.

Athena and Billie Starkz stuff in ROH (which is mostly watched by AEW fans, I’d assume) is a very well told and logically booked story that’s been going on for months and and will main event Final Battle. But it’s by far the worst selling ROH PPV of the TK era.

People say they want it better booked but when they get well booked stuff they don’t support it.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Even if he booked them all well the fans at large aren’t going to care.

Toni Storm stuff getting praise even from AEW critics. Julia Hart’s stuff is very well liked. And what quarters lose chunks of viewers every time? Yet the quarter hours featuring them hemorrhage viewers.

Athena and Billie Starkz stuff in ROH (which is mostly watched by AEW fans, I’d assume) is a very well told and logically booked story that’s been going on for months and and will main event Final Battle. But it’s by far the worst selling ROH PPV of the TK era.

People say they want it better booked but when they get well booked stuff they don’t support it.

Can you really fault the women for those ROH tickets not selling? The ROH world champion has lost all his matches in the continental classic so far, your tag champs are two AEW guys with one being hurt, and your tv champ just straight up vacated his title on a AEW show a few weeks ago.