The young black entertainers/creatives/entrepreneurship thread. Bounce advice for brehs and brehette

Noni

Rookie
Daps
Yeah getting out there without promotion is hard. I hate listening to advice on youtube because you know it's all fake and they're not actually sharing what they really did to drive traffic.

MrDavidAlexander

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
do you have tips to do this online?
In my opinion it is a combination of everything. Email blasts are relatively cheap. Also try to network to get on some local blogs as well as pay some mainstream blogs depending on your budget. I have heard of some artist paying certain youtube pages to repost their videos to gain subscribers/views. Now if you do all of these at the same time and get a song/video trending you can go viral. People are lazy and only click on whats trending or whats on the first page. You can gain a legit fanbase that way. Make sure everything leads back to your website.

Set up your song or video with tune core publishing administration for around $70. They collect your royalties from soundcloud, spotify, youtube etc so you can feast off the views. Also be wary of scammers. There is literally a whole industry off of scamming underground artists. Keep trying and see what works for you. Everyone's journey is different. Good luck breh. :salute:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to build a real life community in 2017 and then transitioning them to a website/forum.

Any ideas on building up the community offline? I already have a sizeable number of members but I am also looking at ways to expand my reach. Right now, I am thinking about business cards, expanding my community's social media presence, and maybe long term trying to get in cahoots with a promoter and have a monthly night at a club.

Anyone have any suggestions, feedback, advice?